Looking for first bolt gun - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Looking for first bolt gun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2013, 05:45 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

when was the last time you actually looked at a Remington? i have bought them and look and handle them quite a bit and have for many years. this rubbish that Remington is going downhill is just that rubbish. bunch of internet hogwash and myths being spouted is all i can say.
I sell them. And they are absolutely not what they used to be. Until they replace whoever is running that **** show, guns will continue to be shipped with missing parts, (or wrong parts) misfires will still be an issue, and half of the people that buy them from me will be hounding me for their money back. You're better off with a savage 111 than one of those ****ty 700's.

Old 03-26-2013, 05:57 PM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 973 Times on 642 Posts
Likes Given: 1255

Have you also researched Savage?

Become steel or get cut.

Old 03-26-2013, 10:05 PM   #23
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21585 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tingstad View Post
I sell them. And they are absolutely not what they used to be. Until they replace whoever is running that **** show, guns will continue to be shipped with missing parts, (or wrong parts) misfires will still be an issue, and half of the people that buy them from me will be hounding me for their money back. You're better off with a savage 111 than one of those ****ty 700's.
sorry, but personally i'm not seeing all these inferior Remingtons i keep hearing about. i have heard all these rumors and internet myths that Remingtons are dropping in quality and are inferior and all that crap. but the simple fact is, no one seems to be showing proof of these statements. so i tell you what, please post proof of all these inferior Remingtons you speak of.

and if you can't or won't, i'd really appreciate it if you would quit spreading more rumors about their slipping in quality. untill i see absolute proof, then it is what it is, rumors and myths.
Old 03-26-2013, 10:10 PM   #24

Liked 710 Times on 488 Posts
Likes Given: 732

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
sorry, but personally i'm not seeing all these inferior Remingtons i keep hearing about. i have heard all these rumors and internet myths that Remingtons are dropping in quality and are inferior and all that crap. but the simple fact is, no one seems to be showing proof of these statements. so i tell you what, please post proof of all these inferior Remingtons you speak of.

and if you can't or won't, i'd really appreciate it if you would quit spreading more rumors about their slipping in quality. untill i see absolute proof, then it is what it is, rumors and myths.
I'm not a Remington fan, but I would like to see it also.

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 03-26-2013, 10:17 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpattersonnh View Post
I'm not a Remington fan, but I would like to see it also.
thank you! i happen to like Remingtons and have owned many of them over the years, and i continue to buy them without hesitation and with confidence.

it's easy for people to bash on something, but if they want to put it out there, and expect to appear credible, then they need to post some proof to back up their statements.

Old 03-26-2013, 10:20 PM   #26

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 28

I don't know what y'all are arguing about, neither of 'em hang with the tikka. Smoothest bolt on the market and freakishly accurate. .25 inch groups at 100yds..no prob
Offered in stainless and blued. Blued is 549.99 currently at cabelas and stainless is 679.99

3Now therefore, gather your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field to hunt game for me.4 And make me savory food, such as I love and bring it to me that I may eat..(Genesis 27:3-4)

Old 03-26-2013, 10:42 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornToHunt View Post
I don't know what y'all are arguing about, neither of 'em hang with the tikka. Smoothest bolt on the market and freakishly accurate. .25 inch groups at 100yds..no prob
Offered in stainless and blued. Blued is 549.99 currently at cabelas and stainless is 679.99
nothing wrong with a Tikka. but i have Remingtons and Marlins and Rugers and Winchesters that will definately hang with a Tikka. they all have very smooth bolts and are very accurate.

BTW, i'm not arguing anything, just that i get tired of hearing internet myths and rumors that are being spread as if they were fact. until people post proof of such things and not just one or two, but proof positive that it's a current trend in Remington quality, it's a bunch of BS!

Old 03-26-2013, 10:50 PM   #28

Liked 710 Times on 488 Posts
Likes Given: 732

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornToHunt View Post
There are BS negatives about the Tikka also. Have you ever fired a 700 or Howa 1500?? WFT is Cabelas besides an online outdoor shop? Here we have the Kittery Trading post and local shops. If you want the true, smoothest action, A pre 1972 HVA, or Husqvarna owns the crown. Berretta bought them also and sh!t all over the line till it was discontinued. 300 years of ground breaking development just tossed. I think Berretta just want the name of the oldest continuous manufacturer. Husqvarna was until they were purchased. I've got 3 Husqvarna hunters from 1943..1962. My son has a 1932. Nothing comes close, and I mean nothing.

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 03-27-2013, 03:20 AM   #29

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
nothing wrong with a Tikka. but i have Remingtons and Marlins and Rugers and Winchesters that will definately hang with a Tikka. they all have very smooth bolts and are very accurate.

BTW, i'm not arguing anything, just that i get tired of hearing internet myths and rumors that are being spread as if they were fact. until people post proof of such things and not just one or two, but proof positive that it's a current trend in Remington quality, it's a bunch of BS!
That's true. I understand
3Now therefore, gather your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field to hunt game for me.4 And make me savory food, such as I love and bring it to me that I may eat..(Genesis 27:3-4)

Old 03-29-2013, 12:34 AM   #30

The tikka t3 would be my choice. The plastic bolt shroud needs replacing but i havnt seen one that wont shoot. If smooth bolt is your main concearn then look for an older 75 or 85 sako finnlight. Smoooooth. I personally a winchester man and if you can get an extreme weather for the money buy that easily the most gun for money in this price bracket. Excellent action good trigger bell and carson stock. Control feed 3 way safety fluted barrel good recoil pad. Ect ect