Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Looking for an affordable, plastic storage bin for rifles.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2011, 10:22 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Looking for an affordable, plastic storage bin for rifles.

Hello helpful forum. I know, I know, I should be using a safe to store my guns in. However, right now the only place I have to store my rifles is in someone else's attic, and buying/hauling a huge safe up through the attic hole is out of the question, plus I want to be able to carry all the guns to the range at once if I want. So I'm looking for an affordable, plastic storage tub, with lid, that I can store my rifles in. I have a big long one (a shotgun: get your minds out of the gutter) so I need a bin that is at least 5 feet long. Is anyone out there doing this already? What are you using? Thanks guys,

Rockworthy

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-16-2011, 11:23 AM   #2

Liked 665 Times on 456 Posts
Likes Given: 671

Take a look at some "real" cases. Plastic breaks easily. Here are some options.
My Aluminum travel cases have some dings and dent, but not a scratch on the rifles.
Gun Cases - Hard Gun Cases & Soft Gun Cases : Cabela's
Plano Gun Cases for Sale Online - Rifle Gun Cases, Shotgun Cases, Pistol Gun Cases - Able Ammo
For plastic, the Plano or Doskosil seem to hold up for just traveling to the range. You will also need some desiccant packs.
Temperature change in the attic is going to be tough to deal with.

Silica Gel Desiccant Dehumidifiers - Eliminate Moisture! - SilicaGelPackets.com

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

Old 02-16-2011, 03:28 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpattersonnh View Post
Take a look at some "real" cases. Plastic breaks easily. Here are some options.
My Aluminum travel cases have some dings and dent, but not a scratch on the rifles.
Gun Cases - Hard Gun Cases & Soft Gun Cases : Cabela's
Plano Gun Cases for Sale Online - Rifle Gun Cases, Shotgun Cases, Pistol Gun Cases - Able Ammo
For plastic, the Plano or Doskosil seem to hold up for just traveling to the range. You will also need some desiccant packs.
Temperature change in the attic is going to be tough to deal with.

Silica Gel Desiccant Dehumidifiers - Eliminate Moisture! - SilicaGelPackets.com
Nah I need plastic. All those gun cases you linked to are way out of my price range because I'd need to buy a dozen of them or more to hold all the guns. I need a big, cheap, plastic tub with a lid for around $100 or less.