Long range shooting - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Long range shooting

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2013, 02:54 PM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 820
Liked 156 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default

M770s aren't the preferred gun of most but do whatever you want.

__________________
95sniper is online now  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:59 PM   #22
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 28,709
Liked 21985 Times on 12396 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunNut3123 View Post
I suppose you missed the part about the rails I'm adding/added and the fact that its the .308... Sorry you had ****ty luck with your firearm, but it's ability is only as good as the trigger man's. I never said anything about having the longest shooting, most expensive gun. If you want to get on here and be a douche, the only thing i have to say to you is...happy hunting.
i didn't miss anything. the rails make it more accurate? please explain! and by the way, i have shot them in many different calibers and mine was a 30-06. i had s###ty luck with it because it's a s###ty rifle. and i own many different rifles that i target shoot with, and quite well. so seriously doubt the problem was me!

don't get all bent out of shape when you called on your choice of thinking a rifle like the 770 is a fine shooting target rifle. it's not. you can gold plate a turd, but in the end, it's just a gold plated turd!
__________________
Axxe55 is offline  
locutus Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 05:17 PM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
locutus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 9,881
Liked 6258 Times on 3515 Posts
Likes Given: 5846

Default

Back on topic, shooting living animals, that can feel pain, and go off into the timber and take three days of excruciating pain to die, is the work of an unethical dipsh!t.

__________________
“We sleep safely at night because rough men stand ready to visit violence on those who would harm us.”
Winston Churchill



War is the continuation of politics by other means.
Carl von Clausewitz
locutus is offline  
axxe55 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 05:23 PM   #24
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 28,709
Liked 21985 Times on 12396 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
Back on topic, shooting living animals, that can feel pain, and go off into the timber and take three days of excruciating pain to die, is the work of an unethical dipsh!t.
i agree! 1000%. animals, even varmints deserve better. if you are going to hunt, go for a clean and quick kill. animals, any animal, IMO should never be used for target practice. never.
__________________
Axxe55 is offline  
locutus Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:58 AM   #25
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
jpattersonnh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: South central,NH
Posts: 5,061
Liked 738 Times on 513 Posts
Likes Given: 770

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunNut3123 View Post
I suppose you missed the part about the rails I'm adding/added and the fact that its the .308... Sorry you had ****ty luck with your firearm, but it's ability is only as good as the trigger man's. I never said anything about having the longest shooting, most expensive gun. If you want to get on here and be a douche, the only thing i have to say to you is...happy hunting.
7870 posts compared w/ 32. He was been here. Pretty nice guy. But it still is like putting Hillary in a bikini, she is still butt ugly and , sorry I just barfed


Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
i didn't miss anything. the rails make it more accurate? please explain! and by the way, i have shot them in many different calibers and mine was a 30-06. i had s###ty luck with it because it's a s###ty rifle. and i own many different rifles that i target shoot with, and quite well. so seriously doubt the problem was me!

don't get all bent out of shape when you called on your choice of thinking a rifle like the 770 is a fine shooting target rifle. it's not. you can gold plate a turd, but in the end, it's just a gold plated turd!


Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
Back on topic, shooting living animals, that can feel pain, and go off into the timber and take three days of excruciating pain to die, is the work of an unethical dipsh!t.
I've got a rifle that lobes bullets. 286gr bullets. With a 150 yard zero they drop 4.5" at 200 yards. But have over 1900fpe and hit the target. It is known as a potato chucker. 9.3x57.
__________________

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.


Last edited by jpattersonnh; 02-01-2013 at 02:01 AM.
jpattersonnh is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:09 AM   #26
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 28,709
Liked 21985 Times on 12396 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpattersonnh View Post
7870 posts compared w/ 32. He was been here. Pretty nice guy. But it still is like putting Hillary in a bikini, she is still butt ugly and , sorry I just barfed







I've got a rifle that lobes bullets. 286gr bullets. With a 150 yard zero they drop 4.5" at 200 yards. But have over 1900fpe and hit the target. It is known as a potato chucker. 9.3x57.
dang JP, don't sugarcoat the truth. you know Hillary looks good in a bikini!

(i think i just barfed for saying that!)
__________________
Axxe55 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:37 AM   #27
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Garadex's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Kalifornia
Posts: 1,267
Liked 225 Times on 176 Posts
Likes Given: 228

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

dang JP, don't sugarcoat the truth. you know Hillary looks good in a bikini!

(i think i just barfed for saying that!)
I'm thinking about rubbing my barf into my eyes to remove that image.
__________________

I'm gonna stop you right there, you just said an AR-15 is a high-powered rifle. It is obvious you don't know anything about guns and I shall ignore anything you say from this point on.

Garadex is offline  
axxe55 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:47 AM   #28
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 28,709
Liked 21985 Times on 12396 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garadex View Post
I'm thinking about rubbing my barf into my eyes to remove that image.
please be my guest if that helps with the image of seeing Hillary in a bikini!

(damn, just barfed again!)
__________________
Axxe55 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:54 AM   #29
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
AR10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Lincoln Nebraska
Posts: 2,229
Liked 1102 Times on 708 Posts
Likes Given: 242

Default

This thread, for all the tension in it, is a long running creature.

I don't shoot anything but paper targets, and those are recycled. Policy for many many years.

__________________
AR10 is offline  
axxe55 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:09 PM   #30
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: The Great North Woods
Posts: 2,565
Liked 2050 Times on 1072 Posts
Likes Given: 392

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus
Back on topic, shooting living animals, that can feel pain, and go off into the timber and take three days of excruciating pain to die, is the work of an unethical dipsh!t.
Agreed. Hunting is a responsibility.
__________________
chloeshooter is offline  
axxe55 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Long Range shooting... 2manyhobbies Heckler & Koch Forum 0 11-09-2012 11:44 PM
long range shooting opaww General Rifle Discussion 14 04-13-2011 08:35 AM
Long range shooting frankmo13 .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion 6 10-25-2010 05:56 PM
Long range shooting opaww General Rifle Discussion 29 04-30-2010 08:58 PM