Long range shooting - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Long range shooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2010, 10:24 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2057 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

We have many knowledgeable people as members of the board, if any of you would like to take a part of this instruction on better shooting long range target please feel free to do so. Sense I am trying to do this from one good brain cell left and it takes me some time just to get much of anything done.

Old 03-11-2010, 10:33 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1879 Times on 1337 Posts
Likes Given: 2116

Default Bullet Drop

Are you fam. With Lazzeroni 7.82 war bird. They say the round doesn't drop out to 300 yards. and the round will take out a 1,000 animal out to 1,000 yards with the right placement. Does that sound correct. Any takers. Wills in da Swamp In La. One Shot Kill...... Lazzeroni's, I'll need to Morgage my house to Buy the one I want.

Old 03-11-2010, 10:44 PM   #13

Liked 2057 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

They say the Lazzroni will shoot a MOA at 500 yards, this I will have to see for myself but it is possable. The warbird is a 308 mag. and almost any 308 mag should preform about the same in a good rifle.

lazzroni.jpg  

Last edited by opaww; 03-11-2010 at 11:29 PM.

Old 03-12-2010, 12:13 AM   #14

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts

Tell us more about the Lazzeroni war bird. Now that's something that I am completely unfamiliar with.
Opaww, I'm glad you started this thread and more than that I'm glad I was directed to this forum and could meet up with you guys. This is the first forum that really gets into detail with the subject and makes me think and that could be dangerous sometimes. Firearms and the study of external ballistics is a very interesting subject and I can spend hours on end simply reading about it.

Old 03-12-2010, 01:16 AM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Default $7,000 Lazz #3,ooo scope

I had the opp. to shoot this awsome riflle, ofcourse it was only one shot because of the limited amount of ammo. I filled a one gal. plastic paint can with water and tapped down on the lid. set this on a 55 gal drum. Stepped off about 100 yrds. Looking thru the scope I could almost read the print. I was expecting alot of recoil, but to my surprise it was no worse than 20 ga. field load. This was a sight to behold when that round went thru that can filled with water. the plastic pieces were scattered all over and the steel cover was shaped like chineese wok. You can get the low down doing search on Lazzeroni rifles. Check out thier site on long distance shooting. Wills in da swamp in La. One shot One Kill.

Old 03-12-2010, 04:30 PM   #16

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

What ever rifle and caliber you choose, it all boils down to three very basic and fundamental points for me.

1. Natural Point of Aim

2. Wind doping basics

3. Become very intimate with your rifle

Let's presuming you're prone shooting, learn how to get into the prone position properly, learn to relax to the point of falling asleep on your rifle, and handle recoil without flexing into it or fighting it.

Proper grip/trigger pull and breathing are key as well. Learn some basics of Trig/Geometry so you fully comprehend Minutes of Angles as well as Milliradians.

Practice consistency, learn how to do things right like it was your religion. There should be no variables from shot to shot, from session to session, from trigger-pull to trigger-pull.

Jack

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 03-12-2010, 05:10 PM   #17

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

Lazzeroni are rich man rifles. They are all proprietary cartridges only loaded by Lazzeroni. HE biases his names on the grove diameter vs the standard american way of biasing them on the land diameter.

They are fast and the do shoot flat but, you are shooing cartridges that are over bored and they can burn up some barrels.

If you want light recoil and 1k accuracy then get a 22-6mm AI. Have your barrel throated for the nice 90gr SMK. The draw back to this cartridge is you might get 1000 shots out of a barrel if you are lucky.

Old 03-12-2010, 06:18 PM   #18

Liked 46 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by opaww View Post
They say the Lazzroni will shoot a MOA at 500 yards, this I will have to see for myself but it is possable. The warbird is a 308 mag. and almost any 308 mag should preform about the same in a good rifle.
I've had a few exchanges with John Lazerroni and he trully believes in his product and lives/breathes ballistics. He also uses his own products doing exactly what he expects them to do. Taking game animals at long ranges reliably and cleanly. His products are hand made out of top of the line components and throughly tested before they leave his place. If you can afford the price tag you can be certain that you'll never have to return a Lazzeroni rifle because it did not work as advertised.

In order to undrestand his market you have to realize that John does not make rifles for taking deer behind the barn. He is also not after target shooters for the most part. But if you have the hunt of a lifetime coming up with the potential of taking a trophy that'll make the books, one of his guns will assure you that equipment shortcomings is NOT going to be the reason you failed...

Last edited by Wambli; 03-12-2010 at 06:21 PM.

Old 03-12-2010, 09:50 PM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Default Long range shooting

You left one out. The guy that supposedly shot an Indian at over a 1,000 yrds. The chief said of the gun, the rifle that shoots today and kills tommorow. Yes, 10 k would be a big investment, and the ammo ain't cheap. But shooting this rifle is awsome. Even at my age we can still have dreams. I want to thank all of you for your input, and I'm sure I'll be hearing more on this subject. By the way I read the book behind the crosshairs, and 2 or 3 others that were on snipers. Thanks again. and God Bless. Wills in da Swamp in La. One Shot One Kill. Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends........PS I've got the breathing part and the trigger pull down pat, It's the friggen fire ants when in the prone position that throws me off target!

Old 03-12-2010, 10:27 PM   #20

Liked 16 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 2

...I refuse to spend more on a rifle than I do on a car.

That's just me though.

"This is not about land or money...but the one thing that no man should never be able to take from another man: the freedom to make his own choices about his life, where he'll live, how he'll live, how he'll raise his family. "

William Travis, The Alamo: 13 Days to Glory