Long distance - Page 8
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Long distance

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2013, 06:07 AM   #71
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker
A Sniper team Spotter calls the corrections and gives the order to the rifleman, "Send It". I can afford all those toys. But to hire a full time trained Military Spotter thats too much!
They Never said to hire a former military NCO who has no job after being discharged from OEF/OIF, I think they meant get a shooting buddy to call it. Simple, EFFECTIVE and no expense to your wallet unless you want to help loco vets get a job.

Old 01-26-2013, 06:13 AM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

this is not a discusion of being a sniper! it's about target shooting. military doctrine and civilian target shooting are two different things with different objectives.
What?! Lol you don't think snipers don't train on a rang same as civilians? You clearly haven't been around comp shooters, marksmen or snipers if you don't think that shooters with military or civilian rifles don't shoot and practice on targets at local ranges. FYI, they do.

Old 01-26-2013, 06:13 AM   #73

Liked 4795 Times on 2681 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Not expensive you don't know my friends. They only drink good whiskey.

Old 01-26-2013, 06:15 AM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker
Not expensive you don't know my friends. They only drink good whiskey.
Crown Royal or Canadian?

Old 01-26-2013, 06:20 AM   #75
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22306 Times on 12476 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoyotePGW308 View Post
What?! Lol you don't think snipers don't train on a rang same as civilians? You clearly haven't been around comp shooters, marksmen or snipers if you don't think that shooters with military or civilian rifles don't shoot and practice on targets at local ranges. FYI, they do.
training may be similar, but two totally different objectives. military snipers are traing to eliminate a military objective and civilian target shooters are trying for small groups on paper. different objectives. civilian misses his target, oh well he lost a match or bragging rights, military sniper misses a target, someone or a groups of people could end up getting hurt or killed.

the discusion is about target shooting at long ranges, not being a sniper. please try to stay on topic.

Old 01-26-2013, 06:23 AM   #76

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post

this is not a discusion of being a sniper! it's about target shooting. military doctrine and civilian target shooting are two different things with different objectives.

your comments are total nonsense as no one here is trying to learn how to snipe and kill people. not one person said anything about how snipers do their job. you might want to refrain from commenting unless you have information that pertains to the discussion at hand. all you are doing is confusing the issue and trying to incite and argument or start trouble. have a good night.
Axxe he got squashed by scotta

Check ur inbox mon ami

Last edited by Marlinman; 01-26-2013 at 06:25 AM.

Old 01-26-2013, 06:27 AM   #77

Quote:

training may be similar, but two totally different objectives. military snipers are traing to eliminate a military objective and civilian target shooters are trying for small groups on paper. different objectives. civilian misses his target, oh well he lost a match or bragging rights, military sniper misses a target, someone or a groups of people could end up getting hurt or killed.

the discusion is about target shooting at long ranges, not being a sniper. please try to stay on topic.
Ok ok let me get this straight, you think, from all that you've recently read from my replies, that I'm talking about objectives even though I specified about only the training needed to become a better marksmen or shooter? This right?

Old 01-26-2013, 06:27 AM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman View Post
Axxe he got squashed by scotta

Check ur inbox mon ami
i noticed that after this last post here was already posted!

Old 01-26-2013, 06:30 AM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoyotePGW308 View Post
Ok ok let me get this straight, you think, from all that you've recently read from my replies, that I'm talking about objectives even though I specified about only the training needed to become a better marksmen or shooter? This right?
i don't really care to discuss it with you. personally i think you're just trying to muddy the waters and start an argument. i stand by my statements as i posted them. have a good night sir.

Old 01-26-2013, 06:39 AM   #80

Quote:

i don't really care to discuss it with you. personally i think you're just trying to muddy the waters and start an argument. i stand by my statements as i posted them. have a good night sir.
With due respect sir, if YOU can't have a simple debate on the subject with anyone curious in the field of long rage shooting in general then why are you speaking. I'm not sitting any **** up not am I trying to contradict your points, I'm simply saying having a buddy spot past 800 metres makes it easier to correct shots and learn. Much like snipers of a spotter/shooter combo practice long range shot to become more accurate on range to get as close centre mass hits as possible. In my eyes and what I know from one sniper I know, in order to be accurate in the field of combat you gotta be twice as accurate on the range. The principals of practice for military or civilians are the same REGARDLESS of the field objectives. If you can't handle a debate on the one subject then find another one, simple.

Good night.

Closed Thread