Line of sight in relation to trajectory. - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Line of sight in relation to trajectory.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2010, 01:51 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts

Don't know about you guys, but I shoot much better groups when the scope is mounted such that my eye is always in the same place directly behind the scope with identical cheekwelds.
For me, that means having the centerline of the scope as close to the bore as possible, or to install a cheekpiece of the correct height to center the eye directly behind the ocular.
When you purchase a scope, you generally get exactly what you pay for.

Old 01-17-2010, 06:17 AM   #12

Liked 14 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 94

My Winchester 94 has a scope with mounts whereas you can also use the iron sights. I have had no problems with the scope, I actually have made my furthest shot using that rifle with the scope mounted high like that.

Everyone tells me I should not be able to hit with it, but I don't see that it is making any difference whatsoever.

Old 01-17-2010, 10:45 PM   #13

Liked 56 Times on 42 Posts
Likes Given: 44

Default see through mounts

actually the mounts won't effect the guns capability in any manner. They do make a difference in how you aim. if you are zeroed at 100 yds. and your scope is mounted high, you will shoot high at long ranges. I have see through mounts on my Gamemaster because of the wide veriety of hunting conditions where I hunt, but if I were hunting mtn. sheep (DREAM) I would certainly want my scope close to the barrel. Either way you have to know where your gun is shooting at a given range but scoped close to the barrel, you are less likely to err. Then consider cant at long range with high sights and you could be off target considerablly.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling, which thinks nothing is worth war, is worse. A man who has nothing which he cares more about than his own personal safety is a miserable creature, and has no chance of being free unless he is made free and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself" John Stuart Mill
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of
Paul.