Lil' Bit Of Nostalgia
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Lil' Bit Of Nostalgia

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2012, 07:15 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
HOSSFLY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lufkin,Tx
Posts: 6,932
Liked 2180 Times on 1471 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Default Lil' Bit Of Nostalgia

Couple more my father in law left me-
The 12ga on top is marked Sears-Ted Williams Mdl 21 (check out the choke)
The 22 is Western Auto Supply Mdl 117
Its been awhile since either has been sold new in each store huh?
Anybody know who actually made them?

__________________

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

HOSSFLY is offline  
 
Reply With Quote

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here


Old 10-11-2012, 07:36 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
orangello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 19,170
Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Default

I bleve a buddy had a shotgun with that twist-choke back in college; it wasn't a Mossberg.

__________________

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

orangello is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:02 PM   #3
The only democracy and friend in the region
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
KG7IL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Eatonville,Washington. My nearest neighbors are cows.
Posts: 2,477
Liked 1762 Times on 981 Posts
Likes Given: 5333

Default

Dang, I liked it when Sears, JCPenneys, Eddie Bauer and the rest sold guns.
Glad we still have Ace Hardware and *gag* WallMart.

Maybe the 21 is a High Standard?
http://www.gunsamerica.com/916263649/Guns/Shotguns/High-Standard-Shotguns/SEARS_TED_WILLIAMS_MODEL_21_12GA_PUMP_BY_HIGH_STAN DARD_EXCELLENT.htm

The 117 ? Mossberg?
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Who_made_the_Western_Auto_Supply_Co._Revelation_Mo del-117_22_S-L-LR

__________________
KG7IL is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:24 PM   #4
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
HOSSFLY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lufkin,Tx
Posts: 6,932
Liked 2180 Times on 1471 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG7IL View Post
Dang, I liked it when Sears, JCPenneys, Eddie Bauer and the rest sold guns.
Glad we still have Ace Hardware and *gag* WallMart.

Maybe the 21 is a High Standard?
http://www.gunsamerica.com/916263649/Guns/Shotguns/High-Standard-Shotguns/SEARS_TED_WILLIAMS_MODEL_21_12GA_PUMP_BY_HIGH_STAN DARD_EXCELLENT.htm

The 117 ? Mossberg?
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Who_made_the_Western_Auto_Supply_Co._Revelation_Mo del-117_22_S-L-LR
Awww, shuda said no googleing
I'm old enuff to remember stores like that selling guns I remember when i bought my first Winchester '94 that was a Ted Williams
__________________

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

HOSSFLY is offline  
KG7IL Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:33 PM   #5
The only democracy and friend in the region
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
KG7IL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Eatonville,Washington. My nearest neighbors are cows.
Posts: 2,477
Liked 1762 Times on 981 Posts
Likes Given: 5333

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY View Post
I remember when i bought my first Winchester '94 that was a Ted Williams
I used to drool at the beautiful rifles at the department stores. My purchases were made at a downtown Sporting Goods store (also out of business). Warshall's. They had a great gunsmith and there own indoor range. Can't understand why they went out of business, other than people like me started to avoid downtown Seattle, because of their attempt to discourage personal automobiles and limited parking.

Commie B*st*rds.
__________________
KG7IL is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:36 PM   #6
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
HOSSFLY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lufkin,Tx
Posts: 6,932
Liked 2180 Times on 1471 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG7IL View Post
I used to drool at the beautiful rifles at the department stores. My purchases were made at a downtown Sporting Goods store (also out of business). Warshall's. They had a great gunsmith and there own indoor range. Can't understand why they went out of business, other than people like me started to avoid downtown Seattle, because of their attempt to discourage personal automobiles and limited parking.

Commie B*st*rds.
When something good is making folks happy somebody is going to do away with it
Forgot to mention that the little scope on the 22 is a Ted Williams
Thing is still clear & holding zero after all the years & moves it made
__________________

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

HOSSFLY is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:09 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
rocshaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: KanOkla
Posts: 3,279
Liked 2143 Times on 1344 Posts
Likes Given: 2160

Default

I've got an old Western Auto Revelation .243 that I believe was made by Mossberg. I'm on my phone sitting out in the country but I think the model number is 220b. It's really a pretty good rifle.
I'm not sure what your model 117 is but I'll bet its either a Mossberg or a Savage.

__________________

Last edited by rocshaman; 10-11-2012 at 09:12 PM.
rocshaman is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:11 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
orangello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 19,170
Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocshaman View Post
I'm on my phone sitting out in the country but I think the model number is 220b.
Jealous from desk!
__________________

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

orangello is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:16 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
rocshaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: KanOkla
Posts: 3,279
Liked 2143 Times on 1344 Posts
Likes Given: 2160

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello

Jealous from desk!
My F250 pickup's my desk, I work in the oil patch...
__________________
rocshaman is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:22 PM   #10
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
HOSSFLY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lufkin,Tx
Posts: 6,932
Liked 2180 Times on 1471 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocshaman View Post
I've got an old Western Auto Revelation .243 that I believe was made by Mossberg. I'm on my phone sitting out in the country but I think the model number is 220b. It's really a pretty good rifle.
I'm not sure what your model 117 is but I'll bet its either a Mossberg or a Savage.
Yup- Left out the Revelation part-
Thought i was makin it ez enuff
__________________

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

HOSSFLY is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Finally got the Lil' Woman to the range yesicarry Range Report 22 04-25-2010 02:55 AM
"Our Gang: The Lil' Liberals" CA357 Politics, Religion and Controversy 0 02-17-2010 11:50 PM
Hulu nostalgia hillbilly68 The Club House 7 05-18-2009 03:08 AM