Lending/borrowing
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Lending/borrowing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2012, 09:24 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 357 Times on 229 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Lending/borrowing

Just wondering what your guys thoughts are when it comes to either lending out your own or borrowing someone else's firearms are?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-04-2012, 09:27 PM   #2

Liked 15 Times on 11 Posts

I don't do it unless I'm right there with them. Like a dove shoot and my buddy doesnt have a shotgun or something. Or we are at the range and shooting a pile of each others guns.

Old 02-04-2012, 09:29 PM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Only if they give me there gun to hold on to? Or if im there with them

Old 02-04-2012, 09:34 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfev1980
I don't do it unless I'm right there with them. Like a dove shoot and my buddy doesnt have a shotgun or something. Or we are at the range and shooting a pile of each others guns.
That makes sense. But from that, I'm guessing you wouldn't let them take any of your firearms to the range alone with out you being there even if they bought a box(s) of ammunition for it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUNBOSS1031
Only if they give me there gun to hold on to? Or if im there with them
Just to try an clarify that one since it could be taken either way, do you mean if they pass theirs off to you and let you hold/use it while at the range or just as a "you've gotta bring mine back they way it left to get yours back" type thing?

Old 02-04-2012, 09:36 PM   #5

Liked 747 Times on 522 Posts
Likes Given: 789

Never, ever, ever!!! I let a buddy borrow my Marlin 60 some years ago. He dropped it in the sand w/ the action open. Did I say never!!! He is no longer my buddy.

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

Old 02-04-2012, 09:42 PM   #6

Liked 1104 Times on 734 Posts
Likes Given: 730

Quote:
Never, ever, ever!!!
+10

Not only that, some people might sell it or do something stupid with it. If that happens, I'd guess that they would come looking for THE OWNER. I do not need that kind of hassle, and my guns are worth too much to guess what someone else did to them while not in my care. But if everybody brings a pile of guns, sure, we share.

Old 02-04-2012, 09:42 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpattersonnh
Never, ever, ever!!! I let a buddy borrow my Marlin 60 some years ago. He dropped it in the sand w/ the action open. Did I say never!!! He is no longer my buddy.
Well.....I don't think very many people would of been to happy about that one either. I know I probably would of made him clean it out to the point it was like new.
But now, what if you where both at the range, would you let someone send a few slugs down range?

Old 02-04-2012, 09:44 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter
+10

Not only that, some people might sell it or do something stupid with it. If that happens, I'd guess that they would come looking for THE OWNER. I do not need that kind of hassle, and my guns are worth too much to guess what someone else did to them while not in my care. But if everybody brings a pile of guns, sure, we share.
If your worried about them selling your/doing something stupid with your firearms, that can't be that trustworthy of a friend?

Old 02-04-2012, 09:49 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaido View Post
Well.....I don't think very many people would of been to happy about that one either. I know I probably would of made him clean it out to the point it was like new.
But now, what if you where both at the range, would you let someone send a few slugs down range?

I've let guys try a few rounds at the Range. I ended up selling my Cetme to a friend that had to have it. We set up 10 clays at 100 yards and I busted all 10 w/ 10 rounds in about 7 seconds. All he could say was "Wow". After he tried it he was hooked.

Old 02-04-2012, 09:50 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaido View Post
If your worried about them selling your/doing something stupid with your firearms, that can't be that trustworthy of a friend?
I have a buddy that was moving, so he left his rifles w/ his sister. Her boy friend sold them to a pawn shop. That was not pretty.