Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Rifle Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/)
-   -   Lending/borrowing (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/lending-borrowing-57001/)

kaido 02-04-2012 08:24 PM

Lending/borrowing

Just wondering what your guys thoughts are when it comes to either lending out your own or borrowing someone else's firearms are?

pfev1980 02-04-2012 08:27 PM

I don't do it unless I'm right there with them. Like a dove shoot and my buddy doesnt have a shotgun or something. Or we are at the range and shooting a pile of each others guns.

GUNBOSS1031 02-04-2012 08:29 PM

Only if they give me there gun to hold on to? Or if im there with them

kaido 02-04-2012 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pfev1980
I don't do it unless I'm right there with them. Like a dove shoot and my buddy doesnt have a shotgun or something. Or we are at the range and shooting a pile of each others guns.

That makes sense. But from that, I'm guessing you wouldn't let them take any of your firearms to the range alone with out you being there even if they bought a box(s) of ammunition for it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by GUNBOSS1031
Only if they give me there gun to hold on to? Or if im there with them

Just to try an clarify that one since it could be taken either way, do you mean if they pass theirs off to you and let you hold/use it while at the range or just as a "you've gotta bring mine back they way it left to get yours back" type thing?

jpattersonnh 02-04-2012 08:36 PM

Never, ever, ever!!! I let a buddy borrow my Marlin 60 some years ago. He dropped it in the sand w/ the action open. Did I say never!!! He is no longer my buddy.

clr8ter 02-04-2012 08:42 PM

Quote:

Never, ever, ever!!!
+10

Not only that, some people might sell it or do something stupid with it. If that happens, I'd guess that they would come looking for THE OWNER. I do not need that kind of hassle, and my guns are worth too much to guess what someone else did to them while not in my care. But if everybody brings a pile of guns, sure, we share.

kaido 02-04-2012 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpattersonnh
Never, ever, ever!!! I let a buddy borrow my Marlin 60 some years ago. He dropped it in the sand w/ the action open. Did I say never!!! He is no longer my buddy.

Well.....I don't think very many people would of been to happy about that one either. I know I probably would of made him clean it out to the point it was like new.
But now, what if you where both at the range, would you let someone send a few slugs down range?

kaido 02-04-2012 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clr8ter
+10

Not only that, some people might sell it or do something stupid with it. If that happens, I'd guess that they would come looking for THE OWNER. I do not need that kind of hassle, and my guns are worth too much to guess what someone else did to them while not in my care. But if everybody brings a pile of guns, sure, we share.

If your worried about them selling your/doing something stupid with your firearms, that can't be that trustworthy of a friend?

jpattersonnh 02-04-2012 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaido (Post 699428)
Well.....I don't think very many people would of been to happy about that one either. I know I probably would of made him clean it out to the point it was like new.
But now, what if you where both at the range, would you let someone send a few slugs down range?

I've let guys try a few rounds at the Range. I ended up selling my Cetme to a friend that had to have it. We set up 10 clays at 100 yards and I busted all 10 w/ 10 rounds in about 7 seconds. All he could say was "Wow". After he tried it he was hooked.

jpattersonnh 02-04-2012 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaido (Post 699430)
If your worried about them selling your/doing something stupid with your firearms, that can't be that trustworthy of a friend?

I have a buddy that was moving, so he left his rifles w/ his sister. Her boy friend sold them to a pawn shop. That was not pretty.