Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > lee enfield time...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2008, 08:37 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default lee enfield time...

I've always thought about getting a british enfield. Well, classic arms has some available for a decent price.

http://www.classicarms.us/

Look down the page a bit, and you'll see the deal (until they run out and take it off the front page, anyway). Well, my question is this:

What should I look for when buying one? I've seen them for years and even read a good feature article on their history in Shotgun News. I know some about the rifles, but wanted to know if you all have any input. I know these aren't cheap like they were 15 years ago, when I saw my first enfield for $50 (why did i pass it up?!?).

Anyway, what are your thoughts? After shipping and ffl, I'll be spending about $200 to $215 for it. I haven't seen them any cheaper at recent gun shows...

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-02-2008, 08:46 PM   #2

i have 3 there good the 303 will take deer size game easyly, some are chambered for 308. i have one it shoots good

Old 10-02-2008, 10:57 PM   #3

Liked 9 Times on 3 Posts

Great deal it seems.... I noticed he said they were five round bolt action. I hope it was only as typo as they were manufactured as ten round mags. Might be worth it to email and see if they are ten round or five. With a C&R I can avoid transfer fees. Hmmmm.............

No email and too late to call. Might find out tomorrow....

9x18=Makarov

Old 10-03-2008, 05:03 AM   #4

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottG View Post
Great deal it seems.... I noticed he said they were five round bolt action. I hope it was only as typo as they were manufactured as ten round mags. Might be worth it to email and see if they are ten round or five. With a C&R I can avoid transfer fees. Hmmmm.............

No email and too late to call. Might find out tomorrow....
yeah, I have the paperwork filled out for the c&r, but never took it up to the police dept. I should get it finished though, so I can get some of the cheap wwII rifles/handguns I want to collect before they all disappear.