Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Lee enfield, Mosin Nagant and Mauser K98k seen in Afghanistan and Iraq

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2013, 09:16 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 34 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 31

Default Lee enfield, Mosin Nagant and Mauser K98k seen in Afghanistan and Iraq

As you might know, several WW2 era rifles were catured by US forces in Iraq and Afghanistan.These rifles are mainly used by talibans in a marksman and sniper rifle roles and were choosen to solve the problem related to the lack of accuracy of the Taliban's forces.

The rifles are accurate, reliable and low cost(which is-most probably-the main reason to adopt them).

How really effective are they in the modern warfare enviroment?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-16-2013, 09:41 AM   #2

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Man those Enfields are killer with even just decent ammo and at a good distance.
If they are using the bolt guns more for things like sniping they could be very effective. I wouldn't want to face a bunch of autos with a bolt gun but it's not it has not happened before.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 04-16-2013, 02:23 PM   #3

Liked 692 Times on 459 Posts
Likes Given: 703

You musta never seen this...

Old 04-16-2013, 06:48 PM   #4

Liked 225 Times on 176 Posts
Likes Given: 228

That was a very interesting video, it is sad what some of those guns are used for and that they have such bad problems over there. Although I wish we could get some of those guns and at those prices.

I'm gonna stop you right there, you just said an AR-15 is a high-powered rifle. It is obvious you don't know anything about guns and I shall ignore anything you say from this point on.

Old 04-17-2013, 06:31 AM   #5

Liked 34 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 31

Default Nice video, I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garadex View Post
That was a very interesting video, it is sad what some of those guns are used for and that they have such bad problems over there. Although I wish we could get some of those guns and at those prices.
Unfortunately, buying a rifle for 35-50$ is just a dream- thanks to the government.