Least accurate weapon? What?

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Least accurate weapon? What?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2011, 11:17 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Least accurate weapon? What?

Greets gentlemen, it's me again, and I'm here to ask an odd question.
I've decided to challenge myself to try and produce accuracy of some type from an inaccurate weapon. So, I'm here to ask you a familiar question, only backwards.

Which of the older WWII bolt rifles is THE LEAST ACCURATE. (I.E. MOA at effective range).
I've heard that of the weapons in the era, the MAS-36 was the least accurate, but then alot say the Carcano was also pretty terrible, and the Arisaka type-38. Even some say the Mosin Nagant was the most inaccurate. So I came to you gents for your "expert" opinion. This doesnt include carbines save the K-98, K-31 and MAS-36.

Vintovka Mosina 1891/30 with Monte Carlo Stock, Muzzle brake, bi-pod, custom bent bolt, tri-rail with x12 variable power AIM sports scope, range finder reticle green or red illumination, 2.5 IB match trigger.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-12-2011, 01:42 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5910 Times on 3083 Posts
Likes Given: 415

most of the old ww2 era bolt guns are pretty accurate. when you find an inaccurate one its usually because the barrel is shot out or something is physically beat to crap in it from almost 70+ years of age and use.

you need to jump to the late 40's and early 50s and start looking at semi autos as in the ak47 sized firerms to find inherently inaccurate weapons to challenge your skills. or like the m1 carbine.

a bolt gun from that era in good condition is going to be a decent accurate shooter with tuned ammo.

i would pick a nice combat rifle your partial to and get after it the mosin nagant are good shooters, the 1903 and 1903a3 springfields, lee enfield. all are good rifles and will get you back to seeing how good you are. they are good shooting guns that will only perform if the person holding it knows their stuff.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Last edited by JonM; 04-12-2011 at 01:47 PM.

Old 04-13-2011, 09:15 PM   #3

Liked 2600 Times on 1479 Posts
Likes Given: 2004

I find this unusual, because I generally find myself working my way past the

pile of crap, with blinders on, in an effort to find an accurate gun I do like...

...that said, research weapons manufactured by slave labor by the Japanese or

Germans at the end of the war. Many Poles and SE Asians risked their lives

to bend the barrels and make these guns as inaccurate as possible, because

they knew these guns would be killing and enslaving their countrymen.

Old 04-16-2011, 04:00 PM   #4

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Try making an accurate Mini-14 instead of any WW2 rifles. I know that the Mini-14 are modern firearms but they have a horrible accuracy factor to them since Day One. A Mini-14 would be a good firearm if Ruger ever decided to make it accurate. That is about the only reason why the M-4 carbines and their clones overwhelmed the Mini-14 carbines. If Ruger had a really accurate version of their Mini-14, that carbine would have left the M-4 clones in the dust.

Old 04-16-2011, 09:35 PM   #5
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2260 Times on 1231 Posts
Likes Given: 666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recon 173 View Post
Try making an accurate Mini-14 instead of any WW2 rifles. I know that the Mini-14 are modern firearms but they have a horrible accuracy factor to them since Day One. A Mini-14 would be a good firearm if Ruger ever decided to make it accurate. That is about the only reason why the M-4 carbines and their clones overwhelmed the Mini-14 carbines. If Ruger had a really accurate version of their Mini-14, that carbine would have left the M-4 clones in the dust.
Obviously you have never seen the factory Mini 14 target rifle.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
I was taught to respect my elders but they are getting harder to find.

Old 04-16-2011, 09:59 PM   #6

Liked 737 Times on 512 Posts
Likes Given: 764

The Mas36 was among the most accurate. The No5 enfield carbine holds the most inaccurate title in my book.

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.