Leader Dynamics T2 Mk5 - help required
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Leader Dynamics T2 Mk5 - help required

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2011, 10:22 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Leader Dynamics T2 Mk5 - help required

Hi there, is there any chance that someone could post a picture of the bolt buffer on a Leader Dynamics T2 Mk5 (or Australian Automatic Arms SAR). My rifle has been missing the buffer for some time after if completely disintegrated, but I've just noticed that the bolt is making a bit of a mess of the plate at the rear of the bolt carrier group.
I'd really appreciate if someone could post a picture of their one so I can see how it's supposed to be fitted and get one machined from some polyurethane.
Cheers

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-12-2011, 10:58 AM   #2

Liked 2057 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

Not sure if this is what you are looking for.

bolt-20assem.jpg  

Old 06-13-2011, 05:20 AM   #3

Thanks for that - It's sort of what I was looking for, but unfortunately it appears that the bolt buffer is missing from this bolt assembly as well.

The buffer would normally attach to the hole in the vertical plate shown on right hand side of the picture. The buffer stops the bolt mashing the plate, which is what is happening to mine.

I can't work out if there is supposed to be a buffer on both sides of the plate, or only on one side. My one has remnants of a buffer on both sides, but if that was the case I can't see how it fitted (the plate also acts as the lock between the upper & lower receivers)

Old 06-13-2011, 08:44 AM   #4

Liked 2057 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

I'll do some more looking but not a lot out there on this subject. <ost stuff is asking about parts for this weapon

Old 07-14-2011, 11:11 AM   #5

Bump - anyone?

Old 07-18-2011, 06:40 AM   #6
jbm

Hi -
I have a never-fired example, bought new in the USA in 1980. Your post prompted me to take a look.

Mine looks like the posted picture.

Old 07-19-2011, 05:32 AM   #7

Thanks for the reply. Mine definitely had something there, but it's now all disintegrated. I never really paid any attention to it until it disappeared.

However, I've managed to find a picture on the web which shows what it was like from the front.

I'd be interested to see what it looks like from the rear (to see how much it protrudes from the plate it's attached to)

leader-t2-4.jpg  

Old 11-26-2011, 12:51 AM   #8

Hey Stuboy -- got the same rifle -- and the same problem. Did you have any luck finding replacement bolt buffer? Mine looked like this originally too, but also disintegrated. Don't know if it's the cleaning solvent or what. Any luck with a manual or info on the T2? My bolt cam also sheared off for some reason. Don't know if it's the difference in 55 g or 62 gr hardball. Nice to know I'm not the only one out here with this. HA!.

Old 11-30-2011, 05:24 AM   #9

Hi there
No I wasn't able to find one, so I ended up getting a local engineering shop to machine some up for me on a lathe.

I purchased a 20mm rod of 95a urethane (which apparently is the correct hardness for a buffer) and they did the rest.
I tried 2 different designs. The first one was designed so that the buffer material is only on 1 side of the plate that the buffer attaches to (the buffer is pressed in place with the help of some urethane adhesive). Once the buffer is fitted I trimmed off the excess on the back of the buffer so it's flush with the plate.

The second one was designed so that there is buffer material on both sides of the plate that the buffer attached to (this way the buffer attaches securely without having to worry about adhesive or it dropping out).

There were pro's and con's for both designs. I ended up going with the first design (which I think was probably how it was meant to be) as this designed allowed for a positive lockup when you lock the upper receiver to the lower one. The buffer works well and there is a definite reduction in slamming of the bolt when fired

img_3938.jpg   img_3941.jpg   img_3943.jpg   img_3945.jpg   img_3946.jpg