Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Leader 50 BMG

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2011, 11:02 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 14 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 29

Default Leader 50 BMG

The Leader 50 BMG semi-automatic rifle — as seen at the 2011 SHOT Show — will be manufactured by MICOR Industries, Inc. of Decatur, Alabama. Its fate is unaffected by the collapse of Sabre Defence Industries.

Defense Review article on the Leader 50 BMG.

We also expect next month’s issue of Shooting Illustrated to contain a write-up.

I’m the son of the designer, Charles St. George, whose other small arms include the Leader T2 MK5 and Bushmaster M17S — the first rifles to use a triangular bolt and aluminum extruded receiver, respectively.

I was at the unveiling of the Leader 50 at the Sabre Defence booth in January, where I met Dillinger and Dzscubie.

I intend for this thread to be ongoing. All updates regarding the Leader 50 will be posted here.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-26-2011, 11:41 PM   #2

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3475 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Gentlemen! Kindly take it down a thousand!

First off, Black Talon is a personal friend of mine that I invited here from another forum.

Second, as Scubie will attest, BT's old man designed this monster as well as several weapons previously that some of you even own.

This thing is the REAL Effing Deal! The bolt assembly/ carrier group is built like a god damn tank! It's impressive.

Now, while Black Talon may be new to you all, I would appreciate you extending him some FTF courtesy as I can assure you, he is one of the good guys and has probably already forgotten more about small weapons design than most of us will never know.

B.T. - thank you for the write up and PLEASE keep us informed of your progress to market!

JD

Old 02-26-2011, 11:46 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1174 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

That's a wicked looking rifle. I would have never conceived of a 50 in a bullpup design.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 02-27-2011, 12:55 AM   #4

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

Sorry for the ruddness before.

Can I ask that advantages of a triangular bolt? I have never heard of that before

Old 02-27-2011, 01:23 AM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

WOW! ill brb i gotta go get my wife to get rid of my wood! lol seriously that thing is SEXY! if i only had 7000 layin around to pick one up!

"Which is heavier a soldiers pack or a slaves chains" Napoleon
"We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."Thomas Jefferson
"You know why there's a Second Amendment? In case the government fails to follow the first one."
-- Rush Limbaugh, in a moment of unaccustomed profundity
"No combat-ready unit ever passed inspection, and no inspection-ready unit ever passed combat."

Old 02-27-2011, 01:28 AM   #6

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

Less recoil than a 30-06, incredible! I would like to see it in action on the range.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Old 02-27-2011, 01:37 AM   #7

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3475 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

I'll wait for Scubie to weigh in on the actual "hands on" feel of the weapon. I can say this though. Mr. St. George and his son were both EXCELLENT hosts and VERY knowledgable about the product in question AND the market it is up against.

Make no mistake guys, this thing is the real deal in .50 cal sniper weapons f it can perform as advertised. 17 or so pounds!?!? Ridiculous!

JD

Old 02-27-2011, 01:46 AM   #8
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5325 Times on 2779 Posts
Likes Given: 338

from that pick it doesnt look like the bolt has enough room to strip a round. be interesting to see how it works.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 02-27-2011, 03:15 AM   #9

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Welcome, Black Talon, thanks for coming aboard!

Looking forward to more updates.

Will this handle Mil-Surp specialty ammo?

Old 02-27-2011, 05:30 AM   #10

Liked 14 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Gentlemen! Kindly take it down a thousand!
It’s $2,000 less than the competition; I think that’s low enough considering what it is.

Quote:
Now, while Black Talon may be new to you all, I would appreciate you extending him some FTF courtesy as I can assure you, he is one of the good guys
Thank you.

Quote:
B.T. - thank you for the write up and PLEASE keep us informed of your progress to market!
That’s what this thread is for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Sorry for the ruddness before.
I’m afraid I don’t know what you mean.

Quote:
Can I ask that advantages of a triangular bolt? I have never heard of that before
Less expensive to manufacture since all you have to do is machine three flats instead of broaching it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnthmn2004 View Post
Less recoil than a 30-06, incredible! I would like to see it in action on the range.
You will soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
Welcome, Black Talon, thanks for coming aboard!
My pleasure.

Quote:
Will this handle Mil-Surp specialty ammo?
We’ve only tested it with M33 so far.

Last edited by Black Talon; 02-27-2011 at 05:49 AM.