L1a1
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > L1a1

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2008, 07:57 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default L1a1

Gentleman I just would like to thank you all for your input into my choice of a new semi-automatic rifle. As you may be aware I have reached my limit for military calibre rifles here. I have managed to locate a refurbished L1A1 (FNFAL) over here. Takes me back I can tell you, however factory ammunition in France is 900 euros a 1000 rounds, so I will have to try and hunt down some military surplus..............

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-26-2008, 02:02 PM   #2

Nine choice...excellent firearm !

Surplus762 NATO in the US is currently $ 550 to $ 600 per thousand rounds US and climbing rapidly.

Old 02-26-2008, 09:27 PM   #3

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default L1a1

HELLO ALL/RESPONCE TO BORRIS

RON L HERE = SERESURPLUS

Good to hear you found what you could use! The CETME would have been good as well, but if this one replaces what the UK destroyed on ya, I'm glad! Good luck, Good shooting and Let us know about a Range report and oh Yea, we want Pics?

RON L

Old 02-27-2008, 03:54 PM   #4

Thanks Ron I will, but there is likely to be a three month waiting period for the Prefecture to authorise the paperwork (a pain, how I miss the States!).

I got it through some ex-Royal Marine guys who run a range near me. They are registered to professional train guys going into theatre on convoy duties. They had a serious contact for these L1A1's factory refurbished as new. It take me back a few years and I might see if I can snaggle a Suit sight......