Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Knoxx Axiom

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2010, 04:34 PM   #1
JPB
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Knoxx Axiom

I am looking to build a new mag rifle, jury is still out on the cal. (300wm, 300rum, 338wm, 300wby)

Has anyone used the blackhawk knoxx axiom stock?

Kinda wondering what its going to do to the rifles accuracy.

I am kind of interested in your input.

TKS,
JPB

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-01-2010, 07:54 PM   #2

Liked 52 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 59

I have a Howa .308 with the axiom stock. I love it. Free floats the barrel, looks tacticool, and has adjustable length of pull in case I have a bunch of clothes on. Oh, yeah, it has built in recoil absorption with a spring where a buffer tube would be on an AR. I put a bipod on the front swivel post on mine. Shoots better than my ability to hold still to really get the most of it.
Mine has the heavy 24" barrel, and is pretty heavy, but it isn't supposed to be a haul around the mountains kind of gun for me anyway.

Old 12-02-2010, 01:06 AM   #3
JPB

So does the "tube" for the adjustible stock compress to absorbe the recoil?

Would that improve you chances of getting scoped with a mag cal.?

What were/are your groupings before and after?

TKS
JPB

Last edited by JPB; 12-02-2010 at 01:05 PM.

Old 12-02-2010, 03:48 PM   #4

Liked 52 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 59

I bought mine with the axiom stock. I haven't gotten scoped yet. I have a decent eye relief so that shouldn't be a problem. I have shot just over a half inch at 100 yards and even put a second shot in the same hole with it. I just can't hold still enough to see make a 5 shot group that tight.