Kimber Montana Vs. Savage Lightweight Hunter
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Kimber Montana Vs. Savage Lightweight Hunter

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2013, 05:57 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Kimber Montana Vs. Savage Lightweight Hunter

I'm in the market for a new light hunting rifle. I have done some research and can't seem to find a thread on this site comparing the two. If there is please direct me to that thread. If not, Please give me your advice on the two (or anyother guns in this catagory). Money is normally a big factor for me, but this time i'm actually able to buy which one best suits my needs. I'd really like to go with the kimber, but some things i have read on other sites have me wondering if is worth spending the extra money if it is really not much better. Other people seem to have trouble with the accuracy of the kimber and have to get gunsmithing work done to it to make it more accurate. Savage seems to have a very good reputation from everyone, my self included ( I have 3 rifles with no problems and do everything I ask of them). I do like the fact that kimber has control round feed and stainless steel. Thank you!!!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-12-2013, 01:37 AM   #2
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1180 Times on 679 Posts
Likes Given: 571

There are many companies that offer lite weight hunting rifles today. Savage,Kimber,Remington,Browning,Tikka,Sako,Cooper ,and Winchester all make them.

If you prefer a controlled feed action,I'd look at the Winchester 70,Cooper,Sako 85,or the Kimber. All of these are fine rifles,and will suit your needs well.

Old 03-12-2013, 02:44 AM   #3

Liked 33 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 2

While I prefer the Kimber rifles for their CRF (controlled round feeding), M70 type safeties and overall quality the Savage rifles have a good reputation.

It's more what you prefer.

Go and handle both and also Winchesters and Rugers.