kimber 84m pro varmint trade?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > kimber 84m pro varmint trade?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2011, 03:50 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default kimber 84m pro varmint trade?

I have a taurus model 444 Ultralite 44 magnum in titanium blue that a guy wants to trade me a Kimber 84m pro varmint 223 rem.

Should i probably take the deal?

Both guns are in like brand new condition!

My dear boy if 5 miles away they don't sit up in their beds and go what the HELL was that, the gun is not big enough!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-30-2011, 04:06 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6010 Times on 3148 Posts
Likes Given: 431

do you know him??

rifle barrels can be shot out and still look new on the outside.

have a good smith check it out.

could be stolen.

the rifle is like a 1100$ gun the revolver is like 550$ sounds kinda wierd. if it all checks out and your confident the kimber will hold better resale value than the taurus

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 09-30-2011, 04:13 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
do you know him??

rifle barrels can be shot out and still look new on the outside.

have a good smith check it out.

could be stolen.

the rifle is like a 1100$ gun the revolver is like 550$ sounds kinda wierd. if it all checks out and your confident the kimber will hold better resale value than the taurus
He has the rifle on consignment at a local gun shop for 1200 obo so its not stolen. And i called him and he says that its only shot a few boxes through it. He's lookong for a pistol to carry for archery season so i thought id offer him that and he seemed to bite

My dear boy if 5 miles away they don't sit up in their beds and go what the HELL was that, the gun is not big enough!

Old 09-30-2011, 04:27 AM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

value wise its a good deal.

personally im not a kimber fan. but the cost of each new the kimber is double the 44. maybe someone with experience on kimber rifles can give an opinion.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 09-30-2011, 04:39 AM   #5

Quote:
value wise its a good deal.

personally im not a kimber fan. but the cost of each new the kimber is double the 44. maybe someone with experience on kimber rifles can give an opinion.
I have never owned a kimber either. Wgy dont you like them? I asking because i know notjing about them besides there expensive lol

Old 09-30-2011, 05:29 AM   #6
FTF_MODERATOR.png

I dont like their handguns. They feel cheaply made and ive had issues with their cs in the past.

Dunno if that translates to their rifles or not.

But thats just my personal opinion.

Im the one person in a thousand that if there is a problem ill get the one tech rep in the entire company that is a schmuck. Or ill get the piece of gear that will break... if you put me in a room naked with just an anvil come back in a hour the anvil will be in two pieces and i wont have a clue how it happened.

Just letting ya know what my bias is. Take it for what its worth.

Last edited by JonM; 09-30-2011 at 05:31 AM.

Old 09-30-2011, 05:34 AM   #7

Quote:
I dont like their handguns. They feel cheaply made and ive had issues with their cs in the past.

Dunno if that translates to their rifles or not.

But thats just my personal opinion.

Im the one person in a thousand that if there is a problem ill get the one tech rep in the entire company that is a schmuck. Or ill get the piece of gear that will break...

Just letting ya know what my bias is. Take it for what its worth.
Well i really appreciate you letting me in on your experience. I really dont need another 223 i already have a weatherby sub moa 223 that im very happy with but if the price is right i guess we will have another one lol

Old 10-02-2011, 12:04 PM   #8

Default Update!!!

Well i got the 'ol kimber yesterday i think i did alright on that trade to. Haha

I had it checked by a gunsmith and he said closest thing to brand new as you can get without buying one off the shelf.

I traded him my Taurus model 444 Ultralite 44 magnum which i was about 450$ into and a H&R handi rifle 22-250 that i was about 200$ into for a 1000$-1200$ kimber.

So a grand total of 650$ for a brand new Kimber 84m pro varmint 223, id say thats a screaming deal!!

here are a few pictures of the miss kim,

2011-10-02_04-26-08_899.jpg

2011-10-02_04-27-14_725.jpg

2011-10-02_04-27-29_5.jpg

2011-10-02_04-27-37_473.jpg

Last edited by 500mag_guy; 10-02-2011 at 01:36 PM.

Old 10-02-2011, 03:28 PM   #9

Liked 59 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I bet you'll love it, I love mine! Mine's in .22-250.

Old 10-02-2011, 03:53 PM   #10
FTF_MODERATOR.png

congrats!!