Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Kimber 84 accuracy?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2013, 03:54 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 183 Times on 143 Posts
Likes Given: 89

Default Kimber 84 accuracy?

Been thinking of adding another Mauser action to my collection, the Kimber Montana has caught my eye being so remarkably light weight and all Kevlar/Carbon Fiber/Stainless construction, reading some reviews from several years ago there were alot of people who claimed poor accuracy out of their Kimbers, some Kimber fans have told me that the new ones are improved but the hardcore fanbase is not a good place to get objective information.
Anyone here own one of the newer rifles, if so how is the accuracy? I am willing to deal with alot in rifles, flexy stocks, paper thin recoil pads, gritty triggers, clunky feeding, but poor accuracy drives me crazy.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-04-2013, 05:18 AM   #2

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

I don't know about the newer models but I honestly don't think you could have accuracy troubles with kimber.

Old 07-04-2013, 09:53 AM   #3

Liked 319 Times on 197 Posts
Likes Given: 399

I have never owned one but I think people look at the price tag and think it should be pin point accurate for the price point. What they don't understand is that they are still JUST A HUNTING RIFLE. They hold hunting rifle accuracy. Unless you get a Tactical or varmint model....

Old 07-04-2013, 02:46 PM   #4

Liked 209 Times on 168 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Look at a Tikka t3 lite stainless too. A few oz difference in weight but the extra bucks can be spent on a better class of scope. That's where the accuracy lives when barrels and rifle are so lite. And a Bonnie Packers Safari Sling to hump it around with.

Old 07-04-2013, 04:23 PM   #5

Liked 183 Times on 143 Posts
Likes Given: 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardluk1 View Post
Look at a Tikka t3 lite stainless too. A few oz difference in weight but the extra bucks can be spent on a better class of scope. That's where the accuracy lives when barrels and rifle are so lite. And a Bonnie Packers Safari Sling to hump it around with.
I have a T3 Stainless 6.5x55, and yes it is scary accurate, to call it a tack driver is an understatement, and it gives me one hole accuracy with factory rings, bulk Prvi brass and a "cheap" Nikon Prostaff scope. As much as I LOVE my Tikka I am equally in love with Mauser actions. Given some thought to a Ruger 77 in 358 Win, or a CZ 550 in 9.3x62 I have a Winchester 70 and I love it but I always like to add something different to the collection. The Kimber has some unique appeal being so remarkably light weight, not that a 8lbs CZ would both me, but the recoil of a 5lbs rifle would not bother me either.

Old 07-05-2013, 12:30 AM   #6

Liked 209 Times on 168 Posts
Likes Given: 15

apex-predator Well I can tell you I love my ss ruger but a kreiger barrel and a timney trigger found its way on to it. Crasy accurate as it should with that barrel and tighter, smoother action than most of the commercial mauser actions out there. At times I wished this one weighted 8lbs. ha

The CZ would be a nice choice. I of our members has had 550 for some years . Very nice rifle and more accurate tham many hunting rifles . Bought it with a nice wood stock but ordered a kevlar stock for all the bad weather we all tend to hunt in. 300 mag

You have a few choices to deal with. To bad used rifle prices are like they are today . Makes building a nice rifle rather costly today. Even if you started with a new interarms action it would run well above the cosy of these rifles.