kel-tech sub 2000 9mm
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > kel-tech sub 2000 9mm

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2012, 10:42 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Default kel-tech sub 2000 9mm

I was looking for a pistol caliber carbine and stumbled upon this lil gun. I can say I love it! Put money down on it and am picking it up this week. Anyone have any experience with this firearm?

@TooStrongTerry

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-17-2012, 12:05 AM   #2

Liked 983 Times on 649 Posts
Likes Given: 632

I was offered one for $300. Felt cheap (Sharp plastic). Looked cheap. Guy had a hard time folding it. (Why does it have to fold?) Passed it over in favor of the Beretta CX4. (Admittedly a much more expensive gun, but it uses the same mags as the pistols do.)

Old 04-17-2012, 12:28 AM   #3
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1974 Times on 1069 Posts
Likes Given: 587

They are hard to find Terry. Which mags does yours use? There are some very good accessories available for them. Some from Kel-Tec. I believe Kel-Tec has a quad rail that replaces the plastic for-end. I have heard mostly good reports. The sights are the biggest complaint but they all say they work. If I ever find one that takes the Beretta mags, I will probably buy it. You will only get a 100fps to 200fps boost in velocity.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."

Old 04-17-2012, 12:31 AM   #4

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Mine takes glock mags. Not sure what kind I still haven't picked it up. I just wanted something for HD/ backpacking etc. I think its a nifty lil thing. It does feel a little cheap but I have had heard pretty good reviews. The quad rail is cool but I guess it hinders the folding ability.

@TooStrongTerry

Old 04-17-2012, 12:31 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1142 Times on 744 Posts
Likes Given: 677

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooStrongTerry View Post
I was looking for a pistol caliber carbine and stumbled upon this lil gun. I can say I love it! Put money down on it and am picking it up this week. Anyone have any experience with this firearm?

@TooStrongTerry
a friend of mine has it, and he was nice enough to let me pop its cherry. the recoil is about the same as an AR. check your front sight when you get it. on my first shot the entire front sight blade shattered. i turned and apologized to my buddy then laughed.. apperently the screw was to tight from the factory and had cracked the plastic. when i fired it just finished the job. also, dont try to hold the rear part of the stock with your off hand. the bolt is there and leaves a lovely bruise when it makes contact with your hand. besides that it was fun and i look forward to shooting it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter View Post
I was offered one for $300. Felt cheap (Sharp plastic). Looked cheap. Guy had a hard time folding it. (Why does it have to fold?) Passed it over in favor of the Beretta CX4. (Admittedly a much more expensive gun, but it uses the same mags as the pistols do.)
the keltec also uses the same mags as pistols. you can get one to accept one of the following, glock, s & W, or beretta
when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.

Old 04-17-2012, 12:34 AM   #6
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooStrongTerry View Post
Mine takes glock mags. Not sure what kind I still haven't picked it up. I just wanted something for HD/ backpacking etc. I think its a nifty lil thing. It does feel a little cheap but I have had heard pretty good reviews. The quad rail is cool but I guess it hinders the folding ability.

@TooStrongTerry
No, it still folds and will take a quick release scope. It wont fold with the scope on. There is an after market aluminum front sight available but a little pricey. The Glock set up is for either the G17 or G19 but it will take the 32 round mags also.

Patron Member NRA
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."

Old 04-17-2012, 12:40 AM   #7

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

It will fold?! I though about grabbing it n throwing a folding grip on it. But I heard that n changed my mind

@TooStrongTerry

Old 04-17-2012, 12:49 AM   #8
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Patron Member NRA

Old 04-17-2012, 01:36 AM   #9

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Nutnfancy that's my dude! I love his reviews!

@TooStrongTerry

Old 04-21-2012, 10:02 AM   #10

Liked 983 Times on 649 Posts
Likes Given: 632

Quote:
the keltec also uses the same mags as pistols. you can get one to accept one of the following, glock, s & W, or beretta
I was not aware there was one that took Beretta Mags.....Oh well.