Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Kel-Tec SU-16A

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2011, 02:49 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Kel-Tec SU-16A

Hi everybody! Just wondering if anyone had any info, thoughts, comments or experience with this rifle? Possibly as a 'bug-out' rifle...??
Kel-Tec SU-16A Sub-16 .223 18½" Carbine Black $508.00 SHIPS FREE

If we take the generally accepted definition of bravery as a quality which knows no fear, I have never seen a brave man. All men are frightened. The more intelligent they are, the more they are frightened. Courage is fear holding on a minute longer. Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory & Always do everything you ask of those you command. -
George S. Patton

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-25-2011, 03:47 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1173 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

It's a great rifle, perfect to stick in a backpack and take to the trails. They are dependable, lightweight, obviously collapsible and take AR magazines.

Unfortunately, some people try and make them into AR type rifles or tactical them out with rails and all sorts of geegaws.

I had one(SU16CA) and enjoyed it immensely. It's a great Get Out Of Dodge rifle, handy as all get out and will serve you well. Just remember to use it as it was designed and not to try and make it into something else.

If you want to transform it into something more tactical, just spend the extra money and buy or build an AR.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 05-25-2011, 03:51 AM   #3

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 41

I agree with CA357. It is not a sustained fire battle carbine, but makes an outstanding "grab and go".

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 05-28-2011, 01:10 AM   #4

Thanks guys! That was the impression I got when looking at it, and thats exactly what I'm looking for - super practical, good performer, easy to carry bug out rifle !

If we take the generally accepted definition of bravery as a quality which knows no fear, I have never seen a brave man. All men are frightened. The more intelligent they are, the more they are frightened. Courage is fear holding on a minute longer. Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory & Always do everything you ask of those you command. -
George S. Patton

Old 05-28-2011, 01:39 AM   #5

Liked 1403 Times on 805 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

You should look at this:

NEF survivor

H&R Rifles/Shotguns new sb2-608 survivor syn 308 hb - www.MidwestHuntersOutlet.com

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 05-28-2011, 03:55 AM   #6

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
That is awesome. Missed it the first time through.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."