Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > The KEL-TEC .380 and .32 Pistols

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2008, 07:22 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Default The KEL-TEC .380 and .32 Pistols

I am looking at purchasing either a KEL-TEC .380 or a .32. Does anybody here already own one of these pistols? If so, what is the real-world reliability that you experience?

There seems to be a 50/50 opinion out there, and I'm just curious if it's the same here.

I already have a negative mark against the .380 because of no slide stop, but that can be worked around if need be.

EDIT: MODS, can you move this post to the pistols section? My apologies for the mistake.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-27-2008, 11:02 PM   #2

I have a P3AT that goes in my pocket everywhere. It's about as convenient as a gun can get. This is only my back up gun, but it fills the role well.

I have about 50 rounds of FMJ through it and about 20 Hydra Shocks. The first few magazines through it, the first round would hang up on the feed ramp upon charging manually, requiring the slide to be pushed forward to chamber the round. Never hung up in actual cycling though.

The recoil is a bit "snappy", but it's perfectly reliable so far. I wouldn't worry about the slide stop one bit. On a gun this small I think it's more of a detriment.

Good luck.

"People live too long, dogs don't live long enough" - FTF Member-

Old 09-28-2008, 02:30 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 200 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Have had a P32 for years. Has over a thousand rounds through it with no problems,
mostly FMJ. I carry it with Silvertip HP's, and they run 100%. Only thing I ever found that it didn't like was Fiocchi half jacketed lead roundnose. For some reason the soft
lead nose would hang up on the feed ramp.