kahntrol muzzle brake help with size - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion >

kahntrol muzzle brake help with size

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2012, 01:51 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Honestly, I really love the look of the brake. I was searching for a couple hours to find exactly that brake. I hardly think that a $150 brake is cheaping anything out. Everyone has their own style and vision of what they want their rifle or anything for that matter to look like. I have read a bunch of reviews from different forums and people that do own the brake highly praise them. I'm not trying to get in a back and forth pissing match here, but it just gets old when you ask for some help on a specific subject and everyone tells you what you should and shouldn't do or what looks good or dosent rather then answering your question. I'm not trying to devalue your opinion but I wasn't looking for it either. Please, I would just like to drop this and move on, I come to this forum to gain and share knowledge in what, I, choose to read, reply or ask about. Again, thank you for replying with the measurement I needed. Take care.

Old 10-14-2012, 02:03 AM   #12
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6786 Times on 3607 Posts
Likes Given: 506

im interested in seeing the final product when you get it all together. just be sure you rod it first with the brake on before you shoot. not all barrels are outside concentric to the bore. use a dowel only slightly smaller than the bore drop it all the way to bolt face and ensure it doesnt hit the brake.

if it doesnt have enough clearance it will be disastrous.
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

Old 10-14-2012, 02:53 PM   #13

Liked 331 Times on 263 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Never mind.

Old 10-14-2012, 03:14 PM   #14
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22308 Times on 12476 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

i think what JP is trying to say is that the money spent on that muzzle brake would be much better spent towards another barrel that is of higher quality. personally i don't think a clamp on muzzle brake is going to work as effectively as one that is made for the barrel by thread attachment. i just don't see where this is going to be any advantage other than for looks. i may be wrong. but with it being a clamped on rather than threaded, i can't see where it would be exactly inline with the bore or sealed to be effective as a muzzle brake. and how can you get from a barrel diameter of .625 to an ID of .850? some sort of sleeve to reduce the ID will have to be made and this means another item that will be need to be aligned in order for it to work. just something to think about.

Old 10-14-2012, 06:41 PM   #15

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Like I said before, I'm not looking for advice on how to spend my money. Sure a new threaded barrel would be great but that's not what I want. I made this post asking about help with a measurement, not for advice about threading my barrel. I like this brake, its exactly what I was looking for. If you don't like what I'm going to spend "my" money on, to each his own. Thank you for your input, but I don't need to defend my decision.

Old 10-14-2012, 06:52 PM   #16
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22308 Times on 12476 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyx28 View Post
Like I said before, I'm not looking for advice on how to spend my money. Sure a new threaded barrel would be great but that's not what I want. I made this post asking about help with a measurement, not for advice about threading my barrel. I like this brake, its exactly what I was looking for. If you don't like what I'm going to spend "my" money on, to each his own. Thank you for your input, but I don't need to defend my decision.
some of us were just trying to help you out and save you from doing something that could be wasted money in the long run because it never performed as you expected it to. but you right, it's your money, your rifle to do as you please.

if you are looking to buy one to make your rifle look cool, then it will probably work out fine for you. but if you are looking for the true reason a person has a muzzle brake added to their rifle, i fear it will fall short of your expectations. it seems you already have all the answers, so carry on!

Old 10-14-2012, 07:04 PM   #17

Liked 1314 Times on 742 Posts
Likes Given: 573

I don't know where the OP was planning to buy from, but this one is not cheap:

http://www.coretacsolutions.com/products_MB.htm

Old 10-16-2012, 07:08 PM   #18

Liked 331 Times on 263 Posts
Likes Given: 36

jeremyx28n Best thing you can do is buy your self a caliper and measure your barrel and buy what you want cause guys here try to give you good advise and you don't get it. So just run off and get what you want. You really don't need help here. As you said to each his own.

Old 10-16-2012, 07:49 PM   #19

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Actually bought a caliper yesterday, they are actually a lot cheaper then I thought they would be. Ordered the muzzle brake today, can't wait to get it! Will post pics after mounting.

Old 10-16-2012, 09:20 PM   #20

Liked 134 Times on 109 Posts
Likes Given: 43

It will prevent the barrel of his 30/06 from getting stuffed with mud. I have a muzzle brake on my 10/22 for that very reason. But I paid $15 for the muzzle brake on my 10/22. They say an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure...

Adopt a pet!! http://www.aspca.org/ Some of the finest pleasure horses come from here: http://www.canterusa.org/