Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > K98k

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2008, 09:20 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default K98k

As you guys know I just bought a K98K. I picked it up today and it’s pretty good. I'm a little disappointed with the stock. It was rated as good but there are some big dents in the stock including one nice size crater on the top fore grip. The bluing is in pretty good. The barrel and receiver bluing is still in good condition but the trigger guard bluing is gone and pretty rusty. All the markings though are still in good condition. The Reich eagle and serial numbers are all clear and well marked. I can't wait to go shooting with it. I'll put pictures on here as soon as I can.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-25-2008, 09:34 PM   #2

I'm having some trouble with my Kar bolt. When I got it of course they shipped it with the bolt out of the gun and wrapped up in bubble wrap. When fooling around with it I clicked the safety to the far left postion. Its now stuck in that position and I can't get it back to the middle or right position. How do I get the safety lever to move again?

Old 11-25-2008, 11:26 PM   #3

Liked 9 Times on 3 Posts

Please ignore my other post about your bolt question....

Surplusrifle.com to the rescue for your bolt problem!!!!

9x18=Makarov

Old 11-26-2008, 01:12 AM   #4

I got onto surplus rifles website and read over the whole thing then tried it for myself. It took forever before I finally got it right and trust me I'll NEVER make that mistake again. It was a huge pain to pull back the sear and twist the bolt shield to uncock it. I practically went through the ceiling when I finally got the bolt back into position. Thanks Scott you were a HUGE help. My sister is taking pictures of the K98 now and I should have them posted up here in a half hour (I hope).

Last edited by Slickrick214; 11-26-2008 at 08:24 PM.

Old 11-26-2008, 08:20 PM   #5

Ok here are the pictures.

Stand up shot

Side view of gun and Reich eagle markings.

Side view of gun again and close up of Reich eagle markings.

Side top view of manf date and arsenal markings on reciever

Old 11-26-2008, 08:21 PM   #6

Top view of manf date and arsenal markings on reciever, bolt handle and on safety

View of barrel, barrel bands and cleaning rod

laying down compleate view of gun.