Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Is it just me, or are lever action rifles cool?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2010, 07:49 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 27

I love lever actions. I have a Winchester 9422M .22WMR that I simply love to shoot. I think my wife shoots it better than I do, though!

I've put a few rounds through my brothers Model 94 .30-30 as well.

I am probably going to be on the look out here soon for one chambered for .45LC, as I am hoping to pick up a pair of Uberti Revolvers chambered for the same in short order. Just need to do the research and see what is the best that I can afford...

Old 05-12-2010, 07:57 PM   #22

Since my lusting started I have always thought it would be cool to have a lever action and a revolver that could share ammunition. Seems like such a classic combo. Funny how when I think of my wish-list I have cowboy guns in front of AR's.

I'm with you, Calle.

Old 05-12-2010, 07:59 PM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1174 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

My 94 AE Wrangler. Large loop, 16" barrel.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 05-12-2010, 08:31 PM   #24
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 697 Times on 387 Posts
Likes Given: 729

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyPine View Post
Since my lusting started I have always thought it would be cool to have a lever action and a revolver that could share ammunition. Seems like such a classic combo. Funny how when I think of my wish-list I have cowboy guns in front of AR's.

I'm with you, Calle.
That's the reason I went with .44 mag. I have the Rossi, now all I need is the pistol.

Not Registered? Register now! - It's free and helps the community grow.

Old 05-12-2010, 08:38 PM   #25

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 27

Quote:

I'm with you, Calle.
I'm right there with you. If I got the opportunity to pick up an AR I would, but the classics and the cowboy guns are in front on my wish list. Of course, in all fairness, I do already have a Mini 14 Ranch Rifle, so...

Old 05-12-2010, 08:48 PM   #26

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:

I'm with you, Calle.
I have a Marlin 1894SS and Ruger Super Redhawk in 44 Mag. Adn love the combo.

I have a Winchester 94 in 30 30 too (Can't find a pic)

Old 05-12-2010, 10:45 PM   #27

Liked 73 Times on 38 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Lever guns ARE cool, just because they are!

I picked up a Henry .22 a while back for my lady, and then i got bitten by the bug.

then i picked something with a little more "oomph" haha. Marlin Guide gun in .45-70

Next on the list is a Henry Big Boy in .357 cannnnnnt wait!

Andrew - Landscape architecture student. Not landscaper

Old 05-15-2010, 02:24 AM   #28

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

I like lever guns. The Lovely Mrs Freefall has a Marlin 39, nicest .22 I've ever handled. Nicest rifle I've ever owned was a BLR in .358 win. Nice to shoot, joy to carry. I killed 3 black bears and 2 moose with that rifle and they all fell straight down. Then I started guiding pilgrims and they thought my rounds were too little. The gun at the head of my bed is a Marlin 1894 in .44 mag. Have Speer 200 gr hollowpoint .44 Sp loaded in it now seeings how we live pretty close to town and more likely to have problems with 2 legged predators than 4 leggers. Should probably put a couple magnum solids up at the front of the tube, now I think of it.

Old 05-15-2010, 08:09 AM   #29

Liked 10 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 16

All i have to say is that a .44 lever action is one of the greatest survival/HD rifles of all time. Ha Ha!

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
Jimi Hendrix

Old 05-25-2010, 02:44 AM   #30

Lever Action Rifles are just so cool. I have 3 Marlin Lever Action rifles. Two are in .30-30 and one is a .47-70. I also have a Savage Model 99 Lever Action rifel in .300 caliber. The .30-30s are very accurate. One is scoped and the other is not. The .45-70 was purchased on impulse. I saw it, left the store and drove a block when I said gee I have to have it. So I circled back and bought it. Now if a Tiger gets loose in my neck of the woods I am ready for him. The Savage .300 I got from an old friend just before he passed on to the great hunting grounds. Have not fired the Savage yet but expect much from it. I am not a Cowboy either but I love watching Cowboy movies where I can readily see lots of lever action rifles in action.