Just had the privilege - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Just had the privilege

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2013, 10:43 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 728 Times on 505 Posts
Likes Given: 758

I'm not a small person. To me the '94 feels like a toy and is just too small to shoot comfortably.

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

Old 05-10-2013, 11:03 AM   #22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

The 336 is an excellent rifle. Sounds like you made the guy really happy. The price wasn't bad either. I don't see the Marlin as a better rifle than the 94 other than it's ease of mounting a scope. I've owned both and never had a problem out of how they shot. If the guy is white tail hunting you can't go wrong with the 30 30. It's taken more deer to the table than any other two other calibers.With that Hornady Lever Evolution ammo it's a beast of a round.

I've refinished stocks a dozen different ways. I don't guess I have a favorite method. I used a stain and carnauba car wax on one (old 10-22). That stock is still one of the best looking ones I ever did
When you find a way that works for you though don't let anyone try to fix what you don't see as broke.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson