Just got my Marlin 30-30 - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion >

Just got my Marlin 30-30


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2012, 12:40 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
TheHunter100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 190
Default

Well heres me shooting my marlin http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=US#/watch?v=RCxAiQKYYzQ
Had a great time
TheHunter100 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 05:57 AM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
69willys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 55
Default

I love my 336c. Had it for years now was my first deer rifle. I sold it a gun store so I could put the down on an engagment ring. One year later ring paid off and engament called off I walked into the same gun shop and saw my rifle on the rack. I was certain it was mine I had put a few things on her that made mine unique. Asked the gentleman at the counter to look at it and bam...... serial number was exact match to the one on the back of my nra card in my wallet where I write all my serial numbers to firearms... end of the story glad thej womans gone and the gun is back home... the 30-30 BORE Snake has been my favorite cleaning tool... and Hornady's leverevolution ammo is no joke. It made my rifle a shooting range tag along and it is has great take down power on idaho mule deer and black bear.
69willys is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 06:34 AM   #13
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
TheHunter100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 190
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69willys
I love my 336c. Had it for years now was my first deer rifle. I sold it a gun store so I could put the down on an engagment ring. One year later ring paid off and engament called off I walked into the same gun shop and saw my rifle on the rack. I was certain it was mine I had put a few things on her that made mine unique. Asked the gentleman at the counter to look at it and bam...... serial number was exact match to the one on the back of my nra card in my wallet where I write all my serial numbers to firearms... end of the story glad thej womans gone and the gun is back home... the 30-30 BORE Snake has been my favorite cleaning tool... and Hornady's leverevolution ammo is no joke. It made my rifle a shooting range tag along and it is has great take down power on idaho mule deer and black bear.
Ya I was intrested into that ammo what grain do you get
TheHunter100 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 06:18 AM   #14
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 343
Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

I like the wide loop on yours. At some point in time I will have to order one for mine.
zebramochaman is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 07:03 AM   #15
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
TheHunter100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 190
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebramochaman
I like the wide loop on yours. At some point in time I will have to order one for mine.
Ya I shot my neighbors winchester with the normal loop I like my wide loop alot better
TheHunter100 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 08:43 AM   #16
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Rural South Carolina
Posts: 23
Default

I bought my 336 C in the early 70's and have taken several deer with it. Its Still one of my favorite rifles. I also have three other marlin rifles and they are the older one's that were made by Marlin before the sell out to Remington. I hope yours serves you as well as mine has severed Me.
Retcop is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 11:30 AM   #17
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,007
Liked 355 Times on 261 Posts
Likes Given: 358

Default

Nice rifle. Very beautiful.

When I was a kid in high school, I really wanted one of those too.

The lever action .30-30 was the state of the art saddle gun of the U.S. Cavalry of the 1890s. It then became popular with frontiersmen and it has since become a classic for entry level deer hunters.

The USMC issued me an M-14 back in the day and said, "take this, this is your only friend." I soon forgot about the .30-30 thereafter.

Enjoy yours. I had to skip that step.

Obviously the military does not use the .30-30 or the M-14 anymore. They prefer the newly designed M-4 instead.

If it were not for deer, the .30-30 would have disappeared a long time ago.

Hogs too. It is great for bagging hogs as well. And black bears. It has probably also killed a lot of mountain lions also, but you don't see many of them anymore. In fact, you would need a dog pack to help you find one now.

But there are still plenty of deer, hogs, and black bears everywhere, in most states. So you will enjoy it.

Since it was originally a military weapon, it also works well for home defense too.
Shoobee is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 03:23 PM   #18
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
69willys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 55
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHunter100

Ya I was intrested into that ammo what grain do you get
I use the shelf 160 grain. It works wonderfully. Also if you get into reloading it really is fun to see just how much versatility there is with that round. I've made 300 yard shots at the range with no huge compensation needed its fun when guys look at you twice and then ask that's a 30~30 right.
69willys is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 03:41 PM   #19
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
69willys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 55
Default

The knock down power on game is almost amazing it smokes Mullies in their tracks it behaves allot like a core lockt bullet from rem but more like the range of a hornady sst. Im not exaggerating that part. hornady has a great video show casing the bullet
69willys is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 07:29 PM   #20
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
TheHunter100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 190
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69willys

I use the shelf 160 grain. It works wonderfully. Also if you get into reloading it really is fun to see just how much versatility there is with that round. I've made 300 yard shots at the range with no huge compensation needed its fun when guys look at you twice and then ask that's a 30~30 right.
I think my gun needed oil it was hard to feed the bullets
TheHunter100 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Marlin 30/30 or an XL7 .270 neil-v1 General Rifle Discussion 11 08-26-2011 03:36 AM
Marlin 56 bigtubby .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion 4 07-09-2010 03:47 AM
marlin 57 pullbob .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion 1 07-06-2010 06:42 AM
Marlin XL7 270 Xl7 General Rifle Discussion 1 02-20-2010 01:32 PM
Marlin 60 Killer1989 .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion 19 03-01-2009 01:58 PM



Newest Threads