International business seminar today

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > International business seminar today

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2014, 03:52 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 205 Times on 155 Posts
Likes Given: 109

Default International business seminar today

I attended an international business seminar today with representatives of the governments of the UK, France, Spain, Germany, Ireland, Netherlands, and the EU Board.

It was a delight to hear so many different accents speaking English in their own ways.

During a pause I complimented their beautiful command of English and noted their various accents, and asked them if I to them also had an accent.

They said yes, obviously American.

I asked them if American sounds like Canadian, and they said no, that American is distinctly American.

We discussed the sanctions against Russia and it's impact on international business, and they all seemed admiring of the USA in that only our Nation is positioned to opposed Putin no matter what he does.

It will be interesting to see how this sorts itself out in the coming months and years.

And clearly the Europeans are looking to the USA -- again -- to protect them.

I suppose that business is the reason we protect them.

Not freedom. Not democracy. But business.

Good thing we have a really powerful Navy, Air Force, and Army, in that order.

That has to give Putin pause.

Last edited by Shoobee; 09-19-2014 at 04:00 AM.
Mercator Likes This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here