Info on remington single shot rifle
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Info on remington single shot rifle

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2009, 04:11 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Info on remington single shot rifle

Any one got any info on the Russian made remington single shot rifle??? A friend got one and we were just curiuos about the good,bad and the ugly of these guns. Accuracy, reliability, can the trigger be worked on, that kinda stuff.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-20-2009, 12:19 PM   #2

Liked 36 Times on 30 Posts

We are going to need more information that russian and remington.

Is it old or new? What is the model. Remington has been in business for a long time and has have a lot of different guns and many single shot rifles

Old 10-20-2009, 12:21 PM   #3

Liked 1424 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 10-20-2009, 01:34 PM   #4

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

It sounds like he is talking about the "Sparten" line which is currently being imported from Russia. I'm sorry but I don't know anything about them save the fit/finish is not top notch. I've not worked on 1 of them yet.

Sometimes you earthlings REALLY amaze me!

Old 10-20-2009, 06:22 PM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2983 Times on 1554 Posts
Likes Given: 275

I have not seen rifle versions only the shotguns. They seem to be a bit sloppy.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 10-20-2009, 09:19 PM   #6

Liked 36 Times on 30 Posts

The shotguns are pure crap nothing more than slapped together junk to try and make a quick buck.

Old 10-21-2009, 02:46 AM   #7

Liked 9 Times on 5 Posts

I guess im dating myself but I can remember when Remington took emence pride in anything with their name on it. Their WWII shotguns had to be parkerised and Remington would actually stamp on the reciever " MILITARY FINISH". This was to imform people that though the built the gun it was not up to their high standards. Now it seem they will put their once honorable name a wide varity of products made in China and many of them marginal to say the least. When you get a chance to examine a Remington made Mosin Nagant or Berthier of WWI vintage. These rifles built for war is of such high quality with supurb fit and finish. Now is above post are true Remington has sunk to new lows.

Old 10-21-2009, 03:52 AM   #8

Sorry for the lack if info ya'll, I looked it over and didnt see a much for a name but it does have remington wrote on it, the info on the barrel isnt a single digit that has been stamped into it but the digits are made up of a series of dots that make out the number or letter. The barrel is twisted, it looks like the twisted chrome handel bars that you used to see on costom motor cycles years ago, it has open sights and a groove for a scope on the reciever, the leaver that breaks the barrel down extends off of the trigger gaurd, and the saftey ( push button ) behind the trigger. It's about 2 years old, in a .243 cal. Thanx for the time ya'll.

Old 10-22-2009, 04:45 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30-30remchester View Post
I guess im dating myself but I can remember when Remington took emence pride in anything with their name on it. Their WWII shotguns had to be parkerised and Remington would actually stamp on the reciever " MILITARY FINISH". This was to imform people that though the built the gun it was not up to their high standards. Now it seem they will put their once honorable name a wide varity of products made in China and many of them marginal to say the least. When you get a chance to examine a Remington made Mosin Nagant or Berthier of WWI vintage. These rifles built for war is of such high quality with supurb fit and finish. Now is above post are true Remington has sunk to new lows.
Their quality was going down hill long before they started branding foreign made guns with their name. They wanted to move their headquarters to be closer to their core customers so they set up in North Carolina and built a manufacturing plant in Kentucky. They left behind a long legacy of gun making in Ilion to cut costs.

Old 10-22-2009, 05:54 PM   #10

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

When they 1st built the plant in Elizabethtown Ky, it was meant to be a research & development plant. They may have changed it later, I don't know because I moved away from there after it was built.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcomf View Post
Their quality was going down hill long before they started branding foreign made guns with their name. They wanted to move their headquarters to be closer to their core customers so they set up in North Carolina and built a manufacturing plant in Kentucky. They left behind a long legacy of gun making in Ilion to cut costs.

Sometimes you earthlings REALLY amaze me!