Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Rifle Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/)
-   -   Info on jc higgin rifles (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/info-jc-higgin-rifles-84120/)

bigdaddy573 02-13-2013 05:37 PM

Info on jc higgin rifles
 
I'm buying a jc Higgins model 51 chambered in 270. And I would like to get some info about them and if you have one share a pic or too Thanks for your help.

jpattersonnh 02-13-2013 10:54 PM

A 51?? Sure it is not a 52 or 54??

bigdaddy573 02-13-2013 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpattersonnh
A 51?? Sure it is not a 52 or 54??

Ya it a model 51 Mauser action iron sights with a 3-9x40 redfield scooe Paying 700 for it used.

c3shooter 02-13-2013 11:45 PM

http://www.chuckhawks.com/j_c_higgins_50.htm

and this-

http://stevespages.com/pdf/jchiggins_51.pdf

jpattersonnh 02-14-2013 12:41 AM

$700.00 is pretty steep. This is a Husqvarna 640, same action.
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j1...F0002-14-1.jpg
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j1...CF0003-7-1.jpg

Great rifles.

bigdaddy573 02-14-2013 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpattersonnh
$700.00 is pretty steep. This is a Husqvarna 640, same action.

Great rifles.

It might be a Husqvarna? I believe that was stamped on the side. But the guys are saying its a model 51 and it has regular scope mounts unlike yours.

303tom 02-14-2013 02:44 AM

JC Higgins were sold by Sears & sometimes they used a Sears model number, the 51 was a FN Mauser, that might be your answer right there, here check this out at Hoosier gun works..............

http://www.hoosiergunworks.com/catalog/cross_reference.html

bigdaddy573 02-14-2013 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 303tom
JC Higgins were sold by Sears & sometimes they used a Sears model number, the 51 was a FN Mauser, that might be your answer right there, here check this out at Hoosier gun works..............

http://www.hoosiergunworks.com/catalog/cross_reference.html

Ok so with it being a FN is it worth the 700 I'm paying?

303tom 02-14-2013 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigdaddy573 (Post 1136925)
Ok so with it being a FN is it worth the 700 I'm paying?

Is it worth it to you ? If not don`t buy it, or haggle with the guy & see what wrings out...............

bigdaddy573 02-14-2013 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 303tom

Is it worth it to you ? If not don`t buy it, or haggle with the guy & see what wrings out...............

Alright thanks Tom. next time I go make a payment I see if I can get him down some.


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:33 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.