indiana gun regulations
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > indiana gun regulations

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2013, 10:06 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 14 Times on 10 Posts

Default indiana gun regulations

Can someone please explain to me how gun transfer regulations work? Like the parent to child gun transfer. Because if you aren't supposed to buy your kids guns such as a new hunting gun, then why do companies make youth guns? I live in Indiana and I know that gun ownership regulations differ with each state or county.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-22-2013, 10:23 PM   #2
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2680 Times on 1304 Posts
Likes Given: 1348

Randy,

It is perfectly legal in the State of Indiana for a Father or family member to give the son, daughter, brother, sister or wife a weapon. Except under the new Statute passed in 2012. In order to transfer a handgun or any rifle considered by the State of Indiana to be an Assault Rifle. The family member must be at least 18 years of age in those cases. You can find this information if you type in Indiana Gun Laws~ on the Indiana State Web-Site.

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Old 04-23-2013, 01:23 PM   #3
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper03 View Post
Randy,

It is perfectly legal in the State of Indiana for a Father or family member to give the son, daughter, brother, sister or wife a weapon. Except under the new Statute passed in 2012. In order to transfer a handgun or any rifle considered by the State of Indiana to be an Assault Rifle. The family member must be at least 18 years of age in those cases. You can find this information if you type in Indiana Gun Laws~ on the Indiana State Web-Site.

dunno where your getting that from. I know nothing of this whatsoever.

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 04-23-2013, 01:48 PM   #4

Liked 97 Times on 70 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj View Post
dunno where your getting that from. I know nothing of this whatsoever.
Me either. As far as Indiana law goes, the only restrictions I know of deal with felons, the requirement for a LTCH in order to carry a handgun, certain restrictions on where you can carry/possess a firearm (schools, airports, etc.), and a Class III requirement regarding having gotten your BATF tax stamp. Otherwise, you are pretty much good to go. Also, there are various local prohibitions against discharging a firearm within certain boundaries (City Limits) and there are hunting restrictions as to caliber.