Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > If you had $500 for a 1000+ yard setup...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2013, 11:02 PM   #101
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
ShagNasty1001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,491
Liked 405 Times on 247 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF
Anybody wanna give an opinion as to which of these would shoot the best MOA out of the box? The list so far is: Savage 11/111 Trophy Hunter XP Remington M700 SPS Savage Axis Tikka T3 Mosin 91/30 PU Sniper Howa 1500 Marlin X7 Also: anybody else want to list an optic in this category? That's obviously the hardest part, so very few people have been up to the challenge.
Not sure on optics but I'd probably say savage or tikka as most accurate MOA out of the box
__________________
ShagNasty1001 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 01:52 AM   #102
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 161
Liked 9 Times on 6 Posts

Default

Just to offer up a useful tip. Because I love this whole idea of haveing an affordable 1000yard set up. If you go to walmart you can get a remington m700 for $417 and that has a cheap scope on it. That is the best price I have seen for a new 700 almost as cheap as the sucky 770.

__________________
rob1990 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 02:27 AM   #103
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
DeltaF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Deep South USA
Posts: 2,907
Liked 2162 Times on 1199 Posts
Likes Given: 280

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob1990
Just to offer up a useful tip. Because I love this whole idea of haveing an affordable 1000yard set up. If you go to walmart you can get a remington m700 for $417 and that has a cheap scope on it. That is the best price I have seen for a new 700 almost as cheap as the sucky 770.
Wow! What's the one at your wal mart chambered in?
__________________
Quote:
Nobody on this thread licked anybody's bodypart.

Nobody said anything.....about Glocks until you posted about your bacon dog who needs dentures.

What did somebody forget to engage their safety and shoot the dogs front teeth out? Or are we blaming that on the Glock shooters?

"Gaston, the Doggy dentist's best friend."
DeltaF is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 02:40 AM   #104
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
bntyhntr6975's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 234
Liked 42 Times on 33 Posts

Default

Website says .30-06, ADL, synthetic stock, 3-9x40 scope. Couldnt find a price for the SPS models they claim to carry, or order is more likely.

__________________
bntyhntr6975 is offline  
Axxe55 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 02:44 AM   #105
War and Peace
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Axxe55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Texas by God, Texas!
Posts: 24,503
Liked 16875 Times on 9779 Posts
Likes Given: 43998

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bntyhntr6975 View Post
Website says .30-06, ADL, synthetic stock, 3-9x40 scope. Couldnt find a price for the SPS models they claim to carry, or order is more likely.
must be some left over ADL Remingtons, because the SPS took the place of the ADL's as the economy M700's.

or else they have their information wrong.
__________________
Coming from the Village of the Damned.
Axxe55 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 02:47 AM   #106
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
DeltaF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Deep South USA
Posts: 2,907
Liked 2162 Times on 1199 Posts
Likes Given: 280

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bntyhntr6975
Website says .30-06, ADL, synthetic stock, 3-9x40 scope. Couldnt find a price for the SPS models they claim to carry, or order is more likely.
I wonder if they carry the savage in 300 winmag. I was reading some crazy stuff about out of the box sub MOA rifles. The savage rifles did the best in their little test. But then again they didn't shoot any weatherbys,Remingtons or marlins.

http://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/minute-of-angle-moa-accuracy-out-of-the-box/

I wonder how the other 3 would have shot stacked up next to the ones in the article...
__________________
Quote:
Nobody on this thread licked anybody's bodypart.

Nobody said anything.....about Glocks until you posted about your bacon dog who needs dentures.

What did somebody forget to engage their safety and shoot the dogs front teeth out? Or are we blaming that on the Glock shooters?

"Gaston, the Doggy dentist's best friend."
DeltaF is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 05:22 AM   #107
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
bntyhntr6975's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 234
Liked 42 Times on 33 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post

must be some left over ADL Remingtons, because the SPS took the place of the ADL's as the economy M700's.

or else they have their information wrong.
Looking at their site, its looking that way. I also didnt realize that the SPS has the light barrel. I guess the only ones Ive been around have all been the SPS Varmint, with the 26" heavy barrel. (I do love mine in .22-250, after a trigger swap and some attn to the cheap flimsy stock.)
__________________
bntyhntr6975 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 12:26 PM   #108
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 161
Liked 9 Times on 6 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF View Post

Wow! What's the one at your wal mart chambered in?
They carry them for that price in 30-06,7mm rem mag, and I believe they have it in 300winmag and a few others. You can get the camo version for a but more money if your into that. But the all black ones are 417 and I even spoke with them about them because that's the cheapest id seen a 700
__________________
rob1990 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
1000 yard shooter CourtJester General Rifle Discussion 37 04-07-2014 03:09 PM
Red Jackets "First" 1000 yard AK? Redarrow18 AK & SKS Discussion 294 11-23-2012 12:59 PM
1000 yard Ak from Red Jacket. 40calcliffy General Rifle Discussion 6 07-22-2011 09:54 PM
Nice 1000 yard target Creeker Competition Shooting 8 06-22-2011 04:49 PM
1000 yard guns? redbullranger General Rifle Discussion 35 02-26-2011 02:48 PM