If semi auto rifles didnt exsist which rifle would you take to battle? - Page 5
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > If semi auto rifles didnt exsist which rifle would you take to battle?

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2013, 02:15 AM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 335
Liked 65 Times on 42 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

my 1903 had a bayonet cant put that on a winchester. 1903 vs 1903 a3
both work the same both send 30-06 rounds down range sights different milled parts vs stamped parts

__________________
robertusa123 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 05:34 AM   #42
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
bamashooter68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: cullman,alabama
Posts: 601
Liked 183 Times on 130 Posts
Likes Given: 133

Default

I would go with a Ruger M77 Gunsite Scout if I had one. I do have a Hungarian M-44 and plenty of stripper clips so that's probably what I would have to go with.

__________________
bamashooter68 is offline  
NC1760 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 11:55 AM   #43
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Buttholeville
Posts: 1,206
Liked 752 Times on 451 Posts
Likes Given: 402

Default

A Kenny Jarrett rifle topped with a very pricey piece of glass in lets say 25-06. If I am gonna die Red Dawn style I want to do it with a bucket list rifle. BTW if there was a WW3 wouldnt we all be fighting for a govt that supplied us our weapons?

__________________
nchunt101 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 10:40 PM   #44
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
hairbear1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Molong,NSW Australia
Posts: 654
Liked 446 Times on 246 Posts
Likes Given: 34

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nchunt101 View Post
A Kenny Jarrett rifle topped with a very pricey piece of glass in lets say 25-06. If I am gonna die Red Dawn style I want to do it with a bucket list rifle. BTW if there was a WW3 wouldnt we all be fighting for a govt that supplied us our weapons?
I'd say by that stage of the game they'd be seriously thinking about why would you not want a civilian population already armed that's ready to defend it's own turf and can in a lot of instances shoot better than the defence forces.
__________________

The ability to think and speak doesn't necessarily guarantee intelligence

hairbear1 is offline  
kfox75 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 11:48 PM   #45
Not Unsafe Act Compliant!
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
kfox75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Wrong side of the tracks, Erie PA,
Posts: 3,080
Liked 2033 Times on 1248 Posts
Likes Given: 11453

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hq357 View Post
I would choose a mossberg mvp since it can use any ar15 magazine including drum mags.
Isn't that a little self defeating? If semi-autos don't exist, there would be no AR-15 mags, because the AR platform would not exist.

On that line of thought, Ruger made a bolt action only version of the mini 14. I love straight pull bolts, however by my logic, not an option.

I would have to say a Ruger gunsite scout. Chamberd in .308, it would also fire the larger NATO standard 7.62X51 MM ammo. how often would I use the rifle? Depends on how many, how far, and how many crossbow bolts I have with me. The sound of the rifle shots tends to give away your location, and body armor is designed for shrapnel and bullets. Most broadheads can go right through it.
__________________

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem para bellum.

There are two ways of doing something. Right and again.

If you can't be good, be great at it.

kfox75 is offline  
Axxe55 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 11:50 PM   #46
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Garadex's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Kalifornia
Posts: 1,267
Liked 225 Times on 176 Posts
Likes Given: 228

Default

Not one I own but it would be a Browning BLR in .308.

__________________

I'm gonna stop you right there, you just said an AR-15 is a high-powered rifle. It is obvious you don't know anything about guns and I shall ignore anything you say from this point on.

Garadex is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 11:53 PM   #47
Not Unsafe Act Compliant!
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
kfox75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Wrong side of the tracks, Erie PA,
Posts: 3,080
Liked 2033 Times on 1248 Posts
Likes Given: 11453

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairbear1 View Post
I'd say by that stage of the game they'd be seriously thinking about why would you not want a civilian population already armed that's ready to defend it's own turf and can in a lot of instances shoot better than the defence forces.
Really is a shame that they are so short sighted now isn't it? I wonder if any of the current group of BS spewing morons in power even understand why Japan invaded th Alutian Islands instead of the mainland. Something about a rifle behind every blade of grass if I remember right.
__________________

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem para bellum.

There are two ways of doing something. Right and again.

If you can't be good, be great at it.

kfox75 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 11:58 PM   #48
Not Unsafe Act Compliant!
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
kfox75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Wrong side of the tracks, Erie PA,
Posts: 3,080
Liked 2033 Times on 1248 Posts
Likes Given: 11453

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamashooter68 View Post
I would go with a Ruger M77 Gunsite Scout if I had one. I do have a Hungarian M-44 and plenty of stripper clips so that's probably what I would have to go with.
The 7.62X54R cartridge is still being used by some countries. An M 44 is not a bad choice at all. One bright side is when not fighting, you can use tha folding bayonet to make shishkabobs.
__________________

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem para bellum.

There are two ways of doing something. Right and again.

If you can't be good, be great at it.

kfox75 is offline  
Axxe55 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 01:14 AM   #49
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
surplusaddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 88
Liked 10 Times on 7 Posts

Default

I would use all of my mosin variants wuth bayonets of course.

__________________
surplusaddict is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 06:05 AM   #50
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
HM2Grunt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 482
Liked 193 Times on 126 Posts
Likes Given: 296

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
Those guys with the funny helmets and 98 Mausers lost two World Wars. Maybe the 1903-A3 would be a better choice.
What's the difference, one's a copy of the other, but I guess I didn't take the cal. into consideration. Haven't seen that many 03's I could afford though
__________________

GOA,NRA
Old Bolt Actions,
One round at a time.

"This is my Mosin,
There are many like it,
And three or so are mine."

HM2Grunt is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
MA semi auto rifles with an FID FullautoUSA Massachusetts Gun Forum 11 04-19-2013 12:01 PM
Besides Ruger 10/22, Best .22 Semi-Auto Rifles Proagie .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion 46 04-07-2013 06:31 AM
Mossberg 715T Tactical Semi-Auto Rifles RedneckRazkal .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion 6 04-06-2013 02:51 AM
Lookin at semi-auto 9mm rifles keas3 General Rifle Discussion 17 12-08-2012 11:45 PM
Obama announces his goal of banning semi auto rifles GaryE Legal and Activism 4 10-17-2012 04:25 PM