I spotted a left handed bolt action. - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > I spotted a left handed bolt action.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2013, 04:08 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 333 Times on 153 Posts
Likes Given: 113

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967 View Post
I have been flipping through my copy of "Modern Gun Values" this morning. The book is 3 years old. So I know any values in it are low. But there are so many 110 models I am not sure what it is. They range from $200-$725. Again 3 years old. All the lefties are worth more than the right hand models. I know it is not the $200 because it has no sights on it. I will take another look when I pick it up after church. I am buying it no matter what the model is.

Hey Kimerfan, is yours scoped or sights? Is it a 110 or is there a letter designation after it? I am trying to get an idea of how old it is. This one has a montecarlo stock with checkering on the grip. I dont think there was checkering on the forearm.

Mine is a 110PL, has the pretty Monte Carlo stock. I mounted a Redfield Widefield 3x9 scope on it and it's a perfect shooter.

Here's some info I found on the one I have. I think I purchased mine in 1966.

"From 1964-80, the Model 110P (Premier Grade) was produced; it was a deluxe version of the Model 110E. It was chambered only in a few calibers, used a 24-inch barrel for the 7mm Magnum version, and had a French walnut stock with a half-length fore-end and a roll-over Monte Carlo comb. The fore-end had a rosewood endcap, and the checkering on the pistol grip wrist and fore-end had a skip-line pattern. The Model 110PE Presentation Grade model is even more fancy than the Model 110P, with engraving on the receiver, trigger guard, magazine floorplate, and stock; and they rarely were fitted with iron sights (though they were always drilled and tapped). They are otherwise identical for game purposes to the Model 110P. While the Model 110PE is rare, the Model 110PEL left-handed version is virtually never seen. The Model 110P also had a left-handed version, the Model 110PL."

"The government did not write the constitution to give rights to the people. The people wrote the constitution to limit the government's power."

LIFETIME NRA MEMBER SINCE 1977

Last edited by KimberFan; 03-17-2013 at 04:17 PM.

Old 03-17-2013, 11:30 PM   #12

Liked 1905 Times on 1060 Posts
Likes Given: 1257

Default I took it to the range.

Well it was windy. I mean like 40+ mph windy. It felt even worse at the range. But I just had to go. I carried my target out to 100 yards. I put a couple heavy rocks on top of the stand. I only shot 4 rounds. The wind was so bad I had trouble keeping the rifle still. It actually picked the hard plastic case up with the rifle in it and blew it up against my shooting bag. I really just wanted to hear it go bang. I ended up with one stray shot that was nowhere near the other three. But the three that were ok were about a 2.5 inch group. But it was about a foot right and a foot low of the bullseye. I did not mess with the scope. I will try again on a calm day. I am betting this will be a really acurate rifle once I can hold it still.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 03-18-2013, 04:52 AM   #13

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

You will love the 110. Is it pre-accu trigger? My righty 110. Would do 1/4" at 100 with random (safe). Reloads. But I sold it. When I switched to an Encore, didnt need 2 '06 in the safe, Sold it for 275. No scope. I'd say your price was decent and within the rifles value.