I need to stay out of gunshops!!!
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > I need to stay out of gunshops!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2009, 03:34 AM   #1
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1220 Times on 697 Posts
Likes Given: 587

Default I need to stay out of gunshops!!!

Dang it,I just need to stay away from gunshops. Yesterday,I had my buddy order me a set of Hogue grips for my Springfield 1911 wide body since he already sold the DPMS LR308,so I go there today to pick them up-They won't fit. Imbel makes the frames for Para and Sprimgfield,but the Springfield's are just a little different so the Para wide body grips won/t work.

Then I drive to another shop a few miles away that some police officers opened up recentlly,and bought a Halosight for my Browning Buckmark Rifle.
It is a SigArms-Sigtac Halosight,a nice looking well built unit. For the price I hope it is well built anyway!

On the way to visit with my parents,I stop at another shop to see if they have any primers in stock. He had some,but not what I wanted,but he did have an old Winchester 255 22wmr lever action rifle.
I have always wanted one of these,but just about everyone I find is wore out. This one was pretty clean,but someone had broke the stock and replaced it with one that had been modified to fit this gun.If he would've came off the price,I would have bought it,but he was saying it was a collector and was worth the price. I laughed at him,and said "Well you just keep it in your collection" and left.

So now I drive to another about 5 miles away,knowing they will have some primers as well as a nice stock of bullets and what do they have setting in the used rifle rack,a nice used Winchester 255 lever action for the same price the other guy had,but this one is all original.
It has the usual bumps/bruises on the stocks,but no cracks,and decent bluing and no rust. So I just had to buy it along with some primers and some bullets for my reloading stock.

014.jpg   016.jpg   017.jpg   001.jpg   007.jpg  

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-12-2009, 03:36 AM   #2
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Some more pics of the Winchester 255

002.jpg   008.jpg   012.jpg   011.jpg  

Old 09-12-2009, 05:16 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Outstanding! You've been busy.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 09-17-2009, 02:38 AM   #4
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Since the SigTac sight turned out to be junk,I returned it and got a Leupold 3x9x40 Rifleman scope and put it on the Buckmark Rifle. I'll probably like it better than the reflex sight,but didn't want the weight of a scope on this gun,and they really don't look right with a scope,but oh well!
Oh,I also used a set of Burris Signature Zee rings,to me they are the best rings available.

012.jpg   013.jpg   016.jpg  

Last edited by Txhillbilly; 09-17-2009 at 02:40 AM.

Old 09-19-2009, 05:30 PM   #5

Liked 29 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I know the feeling about staying out of gun shops. I went to Bass Pro Shop to get a shoulder recoil pad and ended up also buying a Beretta PX4 Storm 9mm. A $40 dollar trip turned into a $600 trip. But, I can afford it so what the hell.....

Oh, and I like this warning:

I wonder how many people have gotten smacked with the slide. They "usually" only put warnings on things because whatever is being warned about has happened to someone........

Old 09-20-2009, 05:42 PM   #6

nice pics,that 255 is sweet!

Old 09-20-2009, 06:33 PM   #7

...yeah, me too....
I do like the Winchester!!!
It would be hard for me to pass on that find.