You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion >

I need to rant

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2009, 07:51 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1177 Times on 512 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Good news Cobra. Of course, a range report and photos will be required.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 09-25-2009, 08:49 PM   #12

Ca357..you bet. I will post photos soon but I wont be able to do a range report for a few weeks as I am going back home to Ireland next tuesday for two weeks . i cant wait tos ee how my new baby preforms on the range.

Old 09-26-2009, 12:57 AM   #13

Consider yourself lucky that ammo is right up there with 50bmg on the overkill, over priced specialty ammo list,....totaly not worth it, my shooting buddies nephew had the same gun similar deal and got smart traded it back in after a month.

P.S. go in expecting ALL gunshop counter guys to be used car salesmenm with atttitudes,...total d!ck heads!

Old 09-26-2009, 05:16 AM   #14

Liked 807 Times on 529 Posts
Likes Given: 54

Default Bad people and bad business.

some folks with bad business sense will jag ya hard, the good ones know how much the spent on a gun and how much folks will spend for it (the shop keeper would have to ask himself would I spend this much for this rifle??)
The shop owner you encounterd was looking for the "dont know dont care I wanna buy it crowd", they run off potential customers, some the best gunshops have shooters that are owners that want to help there brother shooters(compassionate??), the guy with bad business sense was most likely in a high rent district in combination with bad business desision's coupled with a bad personality, H'd spent too much for a used rifle and had to mark it up to new prices to cover his overhead, these guys may have one hell of a mark-up, the pawn shop here makes as much $ on ammo,services and accessories as the intermittant sale of a firearm pluse he has the shop in the back of his home (all fixed up), Our guy is cheerfull, helpfull, always throwing somthing in evein if its a cap or keychain, a box of shells or mounts he goes the extra bit cause he cares, and if you you feel like your cared for, you keep coming back.

Old 09-26-2009, 06:19 PM   #15

[QUOTE=mr1911;165565]Consider yourself lucky that ammo is right up there with 50bmg on the overkill, over priced specialty ammo list,....totaly not worth it, my shooting buddies nephew had the same gun similar deal and got smart traded it back in after a month.

I know what your saying but its all relevant to the indivudual. A lot of people like .45 cal pistols and the ammo is real expensive compared to smaller calibres. Is the .45 ammo worth the cost when a smaller round can do the same job ?. Answer ...sure it is to the guy that wants it. Each to their own.

Old 09-27-2009, 04:54 AM   #16

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Your right.

The CDL is the cream of the crop for the 700 Line.

Coming from a remmy fan boy. Save yourself some money and get a savage. Shoot just as good and cost a little less. Anything is better than that factory Remington Trigger.
How do you tell a cdl from a bdl?