I need info about Coast to Coast Model 284

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > I need info about Coast to Coast Model 284

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2011, 01:51 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default I need info about Coast to Coast Model 284

I recently acquired a rifle with a stamp that says "Coast to Coast Stores Model 284 22 HS Short Long or LR", but I can't find any information about it anywhere. All the lists of Coast to Coast rifles I've been able to find online do not include this model number. Any information would be great. Thanks.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-03-2011, 10:34 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8870 Times on 3842 Posts
Likes Given: 1385

Hi patton- welcome to the forum- when you get a second, stop by the intro thread and say hello.

I checked about 6 fairly reliable cross reference data bases- unfortunately, like yourself, no luck. Odds are your rifle is a Savage. If you have a Blue Book of Gun Values, or Standard Catalog of Firearms, you might spend some time browsing the Savage photos, and see if you have a close match.

Regrettably, some of the Store Brands were in small numbers or for a short time, and they never go catalogued. I have a couple of Pioneer Stores 22s that are in that group. They are Savage rifles, but not shown in the databases. Sorry-

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 11-04-2011, 04:09 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 206 Times on 112 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Well--I did at least find a reference to it. Says it's a Savage, but no Savage model number.

Interesting database--this one is getting bookmarked!

http://www.doj.state.wi.us/DLES/cibmanuals/files/Code/HTML/gunmakecodes.htm

Last edited by BillM; 11-04-2011 at 04:15 AM.