Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > I need help finding specific AKs and AR-15s

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2012, 10:57 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default I need help finding specific AKs and AR-15s

Hey guys,

After the tragic mass shootings I'm looking to pick up some new assault rifles before they get possibly banned.

Problem is, all the specific assault rifles I'm interested in are either sold out or are being sold by online shops I don't trust not to rip me off.

Specifically, as for AKs, I'm looking for the (once) cheap WASR AKs (the plain standard models selling for around $600 now) and the standard stamped Arsenal AKs that sell for around $800. Both in 7.62 chambering.

Examples:

http://www.impactguns.com/gp-wasr-10-hi-cap-semi-auto-rifle-wmilitary-style-stockcal-762x39mm-1166-n.aspx

http://www.impactguns.com/arsenal-ak-762x39-nato-fixed-buttstock-black-40-rnd-mag-sgl21-67.aspx

As to AR-15s, I'm only interested in the M&P Sport that sells for around $600 and the Colt with Magpul furniture.

Examples:

http://www.impactguns.com/sw-model-mp15-sport-811036-022188145663.aspx

http://www.impactguns.com/colt-le6920mp-b-magpul-sporter-moe-black-556mm-16in-m4-le6920mp-b.aspx

Anyone know where I can find these guns in stock and from trustworthy shops?

Thanks a million in advance.

Last edited by Yuckers; 12-15-2012 at 07:35 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-15-2012, 02:38 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 2262 Times on 1188 Posts
Likes Given: 155

First off, Assault rifles are by definition Selective fire (full auto, Machine guns). You must be referring to what is affectionately referred to as SUR's (Sport Utility Rifles) or MSR's (Modern Sporting Rifles). Please do not perpetuate the antigun biased description that is inflamatory and innacurate.

Second, All such rifles are in short supply

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 12-15-2012, 04:31 AM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

What's causing the shortages and when will they be back in stock?

Last edited by Yuckers; 12-15-2012 at 04:39 AM.

Old 12-15-2012, 04:35 AM   #4

Liked 1722 Times on 1040 Posts
Likes Given: 363

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuckers View Post
What's causing the shortages?

Or is it just because Obama got reelected and it's the holiday gift buying season that people are panic buying like I am? If so, when can people expect for the stocks to refill?
Mostly that. The internet and foil hat wearers don't help the situation by driving panic buying numbers up.

If it goes like 2008 it will take about a year for supplies to normalize if no new gun bans actually see the light of day.
Old 12-15-2012, 04:48 AM   #5
War and Peace
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 16861 Times on 9770 Posts
Likes Given: 43946

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuckers View Post
What's causing the shortages?

Do they release them at a certain time every year in large quantities and people rush to buy them? If so, when can I look for another batch to hit the shelves?

Or do they constantly churn out the same number of guns throughout the year only for them to be instantly bought up?

Or is it just because Obama got reelected and it's the holiday gift buying season that people are panic buying like I am? If so, when can people expect for the stocks to refill?
many gun owners really detest the term, "assault rifle" as it's a term conjured up by the gun hating media and politicians to paint certain looking types of firearms in a bad light. they would rather people believe the firearms are at fault and not the idiot or mentally deranged individual using it for violent purposes. so therefor they make them appear to be evil and bad. myself, i refer to my Bushmaster M4A2 Carbine as an AR platformed semi-auto rifle.

in light of these current tragic and senseless shootings that have occured over the last several months, many people are panic buying and this in turn does two things, depletes current inventories and drives prices up, because of the fears of another AWB like we had several years ago.
Old 12-15-2012, 07:34 PM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

So, I guess the quickest way to get my hands on these guns is to place backorders and wait for them to be in stock again? Any idea what the typical waiting period is?