i luv my 338 win
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > i luv my 338 win

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2010, 01:41 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default i luv my 338 win

i had my shoulder rebuilt last winter and have not shot my favorite riffle its a vaguard with leopold vx2 3x9 glass i range a 425 yard rock about volley ball size 3 shots 3 hits from prone and the shoulder did fine and the heart good

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-24-2010, 02:26 AM   #2

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

Sounds good. I like the .338 Lapua Magnum myself, and it seems to have a bit less recoil. Haven't been out playin with the big guns for a while now though. Weather here in the northwest is still winter like conditions.

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

PM Tango about his upcoming SHARTFOO courses.

Old 05-24-2010, 04:44 AM   #3

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Right on Josh. I like my .338 too. I own several rifles, any of which are capable of taking anything I'm likely to want to take up here, but when I want to go kill something I grab the .338. It just works so good.

Old 05-26-2010, 09:03 PM   #4

I think the .338 caliber is great for game like moose, elk and big bears. The recoil is not excessive and bullets are reasonably priced. Also the velocities of most .338 caliber cartridges provide acceptable trajectories for moderately long range shooting. I have a .338 RCM.