Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > I have $1,500 to $2,000 for 7-08 and gear set up?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2008, 02:37 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default I have $1,500 to $2,000 for 7-08 and gear set up?

Howdy need recommendations for 7-08 set up, I have $1,500 to $2,000 for rilfe,scope, sling, case and reloading gear. I know nothing of scopes and surely be shooting in the lowlight of dawn. Certianly shooting across canyons
300 yards max and be carrying it a lot so light is important hence 7-08. If this was your circumstance what would you buy? Appreciate users experience thanks. Someone is making a lever gun on 7-08 I forget browning I think would you consider a lever gun? How much in accuracy do you think would be lost. Increase in value over time is a concern as well.
mw

Liberty

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-29-2008, 04:44 PM   #2

Liked 12 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 5

you may look into the Remington Model 7. I've had 3 of them over the yrs. (223,7mm08, and 308). Very lightweight, reliable, accurate little rifles from my dealings with them, and would make a decent rifle for someone who's trudging thru the hills on a hunt.

as for glass, I'd look into Burris or Leupold. Both make ligthweight/compact scopes that are reliable and have decent light gathering ability. I've had good results from both.

Cant help you much in regards to a 7-08 lever gun. I've not seen one, much less shot one.....not in this caliber at least.

Good luck.

Grunt

Old 10-02-2008, 12:57 PM   #3

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default 7mm08 setup

First,I commend you on choosing the excellent 7mm08 cartridge. My own personal pick is browning a-bolt/x-bolt,about 700$ish. The 2 different scope brand choices imo is leupold vx3/vxL,or zeiss conquest line. Expect to pay at least 400 and up for your desired model. A lot of magnfication is not neccecary so a simple 3x-9x(in the case of zeiss conquest) will be plenty.