I hate deciding calibers..... - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > I hate deciding calibers.....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2012, 10:17 PM   #31
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 357 Times on 229 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy573

The 250 is a great choice but remember WEAR EAR PLUGS when shooting they are loud and a blast to shoot
I I know, I found that one out the hard way a couple months ago. Some random pulled up to the firing line with his .22-250, told me he had it and asked if I wanted a set of ears since I only brant my .22s and didn't feel the need for ears. Boy was I wrong. The first shot seemed like a cannon went off compared to my dinky little cracks I was making.

Old 12-27-2012, 10:40 PM   #32

Liked 36 Times on 30 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaido

I I know, I found that one out the hard way a couple months ago. Some random pulled up to the firing line with his .22-250, told me he had it and asked if I wanted a set of ears since I only brant my .22s and didn't feel the need for ears. Boy was I wrong. The first shot seemed like a cannon went off compared to my dinky little cracks I was making.
Lol I forgot my ears one time shooting it and I will never do that again

Old 12-28-2012, 12:50 AM   #33
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6344 Times on 3547 Posts
Likes Given: 5923

Always wear ears. Even if you're shooting a .22.

Every morning when I get up and put my hearing aids in my ears I wish that I had always worn ear protection.

War is the continuation of politics by other means.
Carl von Clausewitz
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 12-28-2012, 01:03 AM   #34

Liked 36 Times on 30 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus

Every morning when I get up and put my hearing aids in my ears I wish that I had always worn ear protection.
Lol I'm only 18 and I can already tell I'm losing my hear because I never worn ear plug till resonantly

Old 12-28-2012, 02:06 AM   #35
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21988 Times on 12398 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaido View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy573 View Post
Lol I'm only 18 and I can already tell I'm losing my hear because I never worn ear plug till resonantly
well i wish i had used hearing protection many years ago. i am not to the point like Locutus and need hearing aids, (Yet!) but do have trouble understanding spoken words, have a constant ringing sound in my ears. i fear it will probably get much worse as i get older. i have worked around heavy equipment as a technician and really didn't realize that i should have been wearing them then as well. most times in the past i only wore them when shooting large caliber pistols or centerfire rifles. now i wear them when working on equipment, when mowing, and when shooting irregardless of what it is. you can't bring back what you have lost, but can prevent further loss in your hearing if you wear hearing protection.

sermon over with!