You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion >

I don't think pink should be on any gun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2012, 06:25 PM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 562 Times on 336 Posts

Primeporkchop I agree 110% with you we are all gun enthusiast and want to protect our rights. Who care what color the gun.

"I'm an A**hole"

Old 03-04-2012, 07:26 PM   #52

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

We should all be on the same page but we are not. I could care less about color, it's the d-bags out there doing mags dumps from the hip and/or being unsafe. There are two guys in my criminology class that sit in the back and talk guns the entire time and have done so the length of the semester. They are idiots and make the rest of us look bad. They are by definition "gun enthusiasts" but need some serious policing. As a fellow enthusiast isn't it my job to bring them up to speed to prevent them from doing further damage? I think so.

I look at it like I look at the fat girl who wears an Army hat to class. I want to snatch the hat off of her head and tell her to diet and stop being so obnoxious then I'll give her the hat back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 03-04-2012, 09:10 PM   #53

Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat
We should all be on the same page but we are not. I could care less about color, it's the d-bags out there doing mags dumps from the hip and/or being unsafe. There are two guys in my criminology class that sit in the back and talk guns the entire time and have done so the length of the semester. They are idiots and make the rest of us look bad. They are by definition "gun enthusiasts" but need some serious policing. As a fellow enthusiast isn't it my job to bring them up to speed to prevent them from doing further damage? I think so.

I look at it like I look at the fat girl who wears an Army hat to class. I want to snatch the hat off of her head and tell her to diet and stop being so obnoxious then I'll give her the hat back.
True...but color of the gun argument is quite different. I agree with what you are saying about the dbags, but I dont see the argument? Saying we should all stick together and not bicker about color dosent mean I'm saying dont take a gun away from an irresponible douchebag makimg everyone else look bad until he or she grows up...

Last edited by PrimePorkchop; 03-04-2012 at 10:10 PM.

Old 03-04-2012, 10:41 PM   #54

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimePorkchop

True...but color of the gun argument is quite different. I agree with what you are saying about the dbags, but I dont see the argument? Saying we should all stick together and not bicker about color dosent mean I'm saying dont take a gun away from an irresponible douchebag makimg everyone else look bad until he or she grows up...
I more or less was throwing it out there to redirect.

I don't feel this way but I bet some who have posted would say that color reflects on us all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 03-05-2012, 12:21 AM   #55

Liked 815 Times on 623 Posts
Likes Given: 125

How did this become a serious discussion about anti-gun sentiment and/or color of a firearm reasonably bothering anyone pro or con guns? Eek!

Old 03-05-2012, 12:39 AM   #56

Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockaLouis View Post
How did this become a serious discussion about anti-gun sentiment and/or color of a firearm reasonably bothering anyone pro or con guns? Eek!
I hate staying on topic :P...and anything worth discussing is worth discussing 'seriously'

Old 03-05-2012, 01:06 AM   #57
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9095 Times on 5278 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

I like well done custom things, even if its not something I would own myself, like Jon's 10/22- very nicely done. That having been said I think it is foolish to customize a gun to look like a toy like the Kalishnikitty- (also very nicely done). If somebody (not just a kid!) saw that who did not have a highly disciplined upbringing around firearms they might very well pick it up and "playfully" spray a few rounds in God knows what direction. Accidents happen, and I think the line (at least in my mind) might be putting cartoon characters on it.

So in short, I am all for customized colors and stuff but I think making them cartoonish is potentially unsafe so I vote no on that.

Old 03-05-2012, 01:53 AM   #58

Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by blucoondawg View Post
My wife wants one of those damn Pink Mosquito Sig 22s. She saw one at the local gun store last summer and now I'm eventually gonna havta hunt one down for her I guess, ugh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
only problem is that larry flint isnt a man. he is a scumbag. so that saying doesnt apply to him
JonM: Just a joke. I don't buy his First Amendment ploy, he's only about making $$ by one of the worst forms of exploitation.

blucoondawg: I'd try to get her interested in a stainless Browning Buckmark. Mine was electroless Ni, but I think it only comes in SS now. My wife and girl thought it was an attractive pistol. I did too- it hit where you pointed it.

Old 03-05-2012, 02:14 AM   #59

Liked 233 Times on 149 Posts
Likes Given: 450

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
JonM: Just a joke. I don't buy his First Amendment ploy, he's only about making $$ by one of the worst forms of exploitation.

blucoondawg: I'd try to get her interested in a stainless Browning Buckmark. Mine was electroless Ni, but I think it only comes in SS now. My wife and girl thought it was an attractive pistol. I did too- it hit where you pointed it.
Buckmarks are good shooters, a buddy of mine had one some years back and I really liked it, though if I remember right it had an allen screw or something on the back of the slide that would loosen up causing the gun to fail, I can't remember anymore what the problem was if it would misfire or jam, one of the two. No big deal as long as you keep the screw tight, maybe they corrected that issue by now too.

Old 03-05-2012, 03:07 PM   #60

Likes Given: 1

Blucoondog:
My Buck Mark was made in the early nineties. I shot bricks of all types of ammo. It preferred Winchester Super X. At the range I'd always wipe it down and swab the barrel, bolt face etc. but, I got to where I wouldn't disassemble and thoroughly clean until about 2,000 rounds. I had no issues with jams.
Front sight, squeeze, enjoy.