Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > I don't think pink should be on any gun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2012, 02:32 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 128 Times on 82 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnut07
I just don't believe in toy guns. Who cares if someone wants a colored gun. I know a man that is 6'8" dude shoots ground hogs with a 338 edge. He has a purple xp-100 a purple cbr1000 and also has a red xp-100.

Why do you care what someone else does to their property? Their guns are their guns, if a pink 1911 with rhinestone grips gets another women out to the range and helps her protect herself and her family I am so all for it. If a pink 22 rifle gets a daughter out to the range to enjoy bonding time whit her father I am all for it. I didn't see any rules that said the only good guns are black, blued, stainless, and or wood.
That's true I like that Comment you just made

Old 03-04-2012, 02:34 PM   #42

Liked 128 Times on 82 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uptown_General_Roc

That's true I like that Comment you just made
But don't get me wrong I'm a fan of tha ones that have a custom colored gun I like it but I probably would not do it

Old 03-04-2012, 02:52 PM   #43

Liked 205 Times on 130 Posts
Likes Given: 434

My wife wants one of those damn Pink Mosquito Sig 22s. She saw one at the local gun store last summer and now I'm eventually gonna havta hunt one down for her I guess, ugh.

Old 03-04-2012, 03:08 PM   #44
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5241 Times on 2733 Posts
Likes Given: 329

Quote:
Originally Posted by blucoondawg View Post
My wife wants one of those damn Pink Mosquito Sig 22s. She saw one at the local gun store last summer and now I'm eventually gonna havta hunt one down for her I guess, ugh.
sig mosquito... skip it. ive got one and the only reason i keep it is because i dont feel its fair to sell such a pos to someone else.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 03-04-2012, 03:10 PM   #45
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
"Who said pink isn't a man's color?"... Larry Flynt after painting his jet.
only problem is that larry flint isnt a man. he is a scumbag. so that saying doesnt apply to him

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 03-04-2012, 03:19 PM   #46

Liked 32 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 115

I saw what I believe was a S&W AR at the gun show yesterday that was tiger striped pink and black camo. I honestly that it looked kind of cool.

Old 03-04-2012, 04:30 PM   #47

Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

it took me a while to come to this realization, but ultimately the way I look at things now is - as gun owners, we have enough competition from crazy, freedom hating, life controlling gun nazis that want to take our guns away regardless of what color they are...so w/ that being said, whats the point of arguing amongst ourselves? It's only fuel for their fire.

You don't like pink guns? Great. Neither do I. But I do like an 8" Colt Python, to which my wife exclaims "that's freaking ridiculous, nobody needs a gun that looks like that"

Tit for Tat. Instead of wasting time & energy concentrating on the guns we don't like, how about we instead spend our efforts against the PEOPLE we don't like (gun control freaks) and either convince them of their childish ways or make the rest of the world see them for what they are - completely out of touch idiots.

Last edited by PrimePorkchop; 03-04-2012 at 04:33 PM.

Old 03-04-2012, 04:32 PM   #48

Liked 205 Times on 130 Posts
Likes Given: 434

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
sig mosquito... skip it. ive got one and the only reason i keep it is because i dont feel its fair to sell such a pos to someone else.
oh yeah, whats the matter with them are they not reliable?

Old 03-04-2012, 05:00 PM   #49
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by blucoondawg View Post
oh yeah, whats the matter with them are they not reliable?
its not reliability its the trigger. you almost need two fingers to pull it through the DA pull. the single action when its cocked isnt much better. if it wasnt for the craptastic trigger it would probably be the perfect 22lr pistol

i just hope someday i can find a smith that can fix it

Old 03-04-2012, 05:21 PM   #50

Liked 1081 Times on 699 Posts
Likes Given: 273

Some seem to think that a pink gun is more "unsafe" than a black (or maybe cammo) gun. I really don't think it matters a bit. It doesn't matter if it looks like a toy, because it should not ever be in the hands of anyone who might think it is a toy anyway. It is hard to believe that people who are passionate about the constitution and freedom of choice, etc., etc. would be offended by a pink gun. Personally, I would not have a pink gun cause I think it is ugly, and I might be a bit suspect of the guy shooting three tables away from me shooting a pink AR. (that is more my problem than the shooters) But what the heck, it doesn't affect me, so What Me Worry. I tend to believe that people shouldn't shoot plastic guns, but I usually don't mention it to anyone shooting one at the range.

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan