I Came Across This Today....

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > I Came Across This Today....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2011, 05:57 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 806 Times on 524 Posts
Likes Given: 921

Default I Came Across This Today....

Hatchers Notebook.... A very interesting read to say the least. Tons & tons of info... Ive barely even started reading but ive found it very informative, I would recommend it to everyone...

Heres the link if anybodys interested..

Hatchers_Notebook_searchable.pdf - File Shared from Box.net

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-20-2011, 06:18 AM   #2

Liked 39 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Legit link, Trez, thanks!

Hope its not bootleg or sumfin

"Always carry a small flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite. Furthermore, always carry a small snake." W.C. Fields

Old 07-20-2011, 04:33 PM   #3

Liked 806 Times on 524 Posts
Likes Given: 921

Wow, this book rocks!.. Its making me love my Arisaka even more.. Those things are near indestructible! According to Hatchers tests the Arisaka was the only rifle he couldnt blow up.. He even welded a plug in the barrel and it blew the barrel into two but the receiver was still good and the action was rebarreled and turned into usable gun again. It took some kids shooting .35 Rem outta 7.7 Arisaka to blow one up! The kids were using a mallet to close the bolt because the rounds wouldnt fit, it fired two rounds and blew up the action on the third... Thats really something! Shooting .35 cal outta a .31 cal. One kid got some shrapnel to the head but surived..

Old 07-20-2011, 06:49 PM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5994 Times on 3136 Posts
Likes Given: 428

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trez View Post
Wow, this book rocks!.. Its making me love my Arisaka even more.. Those things are near indestructible! According to Hatchers tests the Arisaka was the only rifle he couldnt blow up.. He even welded a plug in the barrel and it blew the barrel into two but the receiver was still good and the action was rebarreled and turned into usable gun again. It took some kids shooting .35 Rem outta 7.7 Arisaka to blow one up! The kids were using a mallet to close the bolt because the rounds wouldnt fit, it fired two rounds and blew up the action on the third... Thats really something! Shooting .35 cal outta a .31 cal. One kid got some shrapnel to the head but surived..
That proves without doubt you cant out-engineer stupid!!

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 07-22-2011, 03:25 AM   #5

Great book. I've been reading and re-reading this book for over 25 years.