Hy-point carbine 9mm - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Hy-point carbine 9mm

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2011, 11:21 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishotmyself View Post
Fellow shooters thanks for the awesome post my brother bought it and is being deployed he offerd it and I want to jump however he lives in Texas im in Cali and not sure about the transfer I'm expecting problems one dealer said it is legal and one said no not legal. 😱
FT.Bliss ?

Old 12-29-2011, 12:14 AM   #12

Liked 2111 Times on 1162 Posts
Likes Given: 1386

I have owned a Hi Point 45. Awesome gun for the money. People who say they are junk are people that have never owned one. They always talk about what they saw at the range or heard from a friend. But when it comes right down to it they usually have 0 first hand experience.
Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 12-29-2011, 12:33 AM   #13

Liked 289 Times on 193 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default call a CA HI-Point dealer and ask

I'd suggest calling first, as the limitations may be conditional, like pistol grip but 8 round mag and no muzzle devices, you'd be out a longdistance telephone call to a Cali Hi-Point Dealer, Check my post thers a link of Cali Dealers of Hi-Point

they sell a reduced capacity mag for areas that restrict mag count, If they allow AR's and AK's in CA shurely they must allow Hi-Points.
mabe adding a muzzle extension and recoil pad spacer to get past the length clause and reduced mag capacity.

I used to think the same thing about Hi-Points being crummy guns, I was given a 995 carbine that was blown up from firing reloads all I know is there was a ring of brass in the chamber and the extractor claw was missing, the factory said send it to them and they'd fix it and send it back, I mail'd the junker parcil post $14.73 and Hi-Point sent me back a like new gun with all the trimmings.......I only spent $14.73 to mail it, so basicly I had a 995 for the price of postage to send it to them, I dont matter if its blown up, drove over or been in a house fire, send them the remains and you get a new gun back
Ive had it for 6 years here in Northwest Arctic Alaska and wouldnt think of parting with it unless to trade up in caliber to Hi-Point in .45acp

Old 12-29-2011, 12:54 AM   #14

Liked 210 Times on 150 Posts
Likes Given: 10

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CB8QFjAA&url=http%3A %2F%2Fwww.calguns.net%2Fcaawid%2Fflowchart.pdf&ei= QMj7TuLPJ6_HsQKY2vC-AQ&usg=AFQjCNH3xq6ayi_LCDbHB5S2ojJdNbH7Sw&sig2=cAe T6e2QwYDzO9IWMu88IQ
Flow chart explaining the "assault weapons" designations.

Last edited by pagj17; 12-29-2011 at 01:10 AM.

Old 12-29-2011, 12:56 AM   #15
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2794 Times on 1528 Posts
Likes Given: 797

ProMag makes 15 rnd mags for the 9mm carbine. $15

Old 12-29-2011, 07:13 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7282 Times on 4026 Posts
Likes Given: 7062

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967 View Post
I have owned a Hi Point 45. Awesome gun for the money. People who say they are junk are people that have never owned one. They always talk about what they saw at the range or heard from a friend. But when it comes right down to it they usually have 0 first hand experience.
I have about 15 years experience running a police range. I have a lot of experience with them. (from behind the bulletproof glass in the rangemaster's control booth.)

But I'll damned if I'll put one of those things up next to my face and actually fire it.

If you like it, then more power to you.

“There aren't any great men. There are just great challenges that ordinary men like you and me are forced by circumstances to meet.”http://thinkexist.com/i/sq/as0.gif Admiral William Frederick Halsey Jr. (Bull) quote

Old 12-29-2011, 07:37 PM   #17

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
I have about 15 years experience running a police range. I have a lot of experience with them. (from behind the bulletproof glass in the rangemaster's control booth.)

But I'll damned if I'll put one of those things up next to my face and actually fire it.

What range iam in your area

Old 01-05-2012, 12:05 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus

I'm looking at getting a hi-point carbine, what kind of problems have you seen with them?

Old 01-05-2012, 01:13 AM   #19

I have owned the carbine and the pistol both in 9mm. Both were huge POS'. Nothing is smooth or right with the things. And yes they are legal in CA.

Old 01-05-2012, 01:54 AM   #20

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Like i said about my wife before i was married dont knock it till your try it. Yeah they are a bear to work on . but pistols and rifles alike are pretty good shooting weapons in my humble opinion fun little shooters. just saying

from a previous post on hi points

I have to agree i might crack jokes about them but that sir is one fine plinking pistol loved taking it to the range when ever i'd go. i have put 2000 rds through mine . I wanted to add that i did have a few hang ups here in there but nothing to wright home about.

Only problem i had with it was when i first bought it the firing pin broke and i took it back to were i bought it and they sent it away and fixed it free of charge and even sent me a few extra mags too boot.

How man post on hi points has there been i can recall a few of them.

“The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory.”
Jeff Cooper

Last edited by FaTmAn; 01-05-2012 at 02:02 AM. Reason: quoted somebody before reading all the post