Here's what I'd buy if I were starting from scratch:
1) 22 bolt action. The best way to learn, ammo is (relatively) cheap, no noise or recoil issues. Great for hunting squirrels, rabbits and the like
2) 223 bolt action. Longer range varmints, coyote.
3) 12 ga pump shotgun, 28" barrel with choke tubes. For all flying game, turkeys.
4) 30-06 bolt action rifle. Deer, pigs, elk, just about anything short of dangerous game.
5) (optional) 458 Winchester magnum if you ever hunt dangerous game.
These would cover just about any game in the world.