Hunters and Riflemen, I need your help - Page 12
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Hunters and Riflemen, I need your help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2013, 09:29 PM   #111
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

I'm not sure you're maturing into a serious hunter with the knowledge, skill, and attitude to take to the field. If you are the kind of stalker you say I'd recommend the .318 Axite -- it has always served me well.

Old 04-06-2013, 09:48 PM   #112

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockaLouis View Post
I'm not sure you're maturing into a serious hunter with the knowledge, skill, and attitude to take to the field. If you are the kind of stalker you say I'd recommend the .318 Axite -- it has always served me well.
I am a serious hunter and have been quite successful so far. It's not that complicated to hunt. It takes dedication, patience, and marksmanship to take your own game. (THAT'S HOW I SEE IT SO DON'T MAKE SOME STUPID COMMENT ON IT) i will check that out thanks
3Now therefore, gather your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field to hunt game for me.4 And make me savory food, such as I love and bring it to me that I may eat..(Genesis 27:3-4)

Old 04-06-2013, 09:51 PM   #113

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
you're trying to tell older and wiser than you the facts of life! many of older shooters and hunters here have done this rodeo many times and probably many times before you were even born.

no you don't have to take any advice or suggestions given to you by other members. but if you ask for advice or suggestions, then you need to at least respect it whether you intend to use it or not.

i asked you on another thread how many rifles you have owned. i think you said seven? and you were stating how the Tikka T3 had the smoothest bolt. well i have owned probably several hundred bolt actions over the years. and a 17 year old kid who has owned maybe seven rifles isn't an authority on what's the smoothest or more accurate. when you have owned or shot a few hundred rifles, then your statements might carry more weight and validity. and i also asked you what the smoothness of the bolt had to do with accuracy. i never got a really clear answer out of that one.

the attitude you carry through this forum will determine whether people respond to your questions. for the most part, i am a very no-nonsense type person, with little paitience for foolishness and immaturity. if you check a lot of my posts, i call things the way i see them and pretty much speak my mind with little regards sometimes to whether i hurt feelings or not. if i think something is stupid, i will say so. i don't generaly sugarcoat things, it's just not my nature. to survive here on this forum, as JP said you do need to grow a thicker skin and gain some humor and little respect for the members here when they try and give you some advice.

my advice is to lets start all over and see if we can educate you and find out what your real needs are and just start over with a brand new attitude.
And if you go back through the pages and look, almost every single person that has recommended a caliber or rifle, I have responded to them. Answering them or asking questions. I do listen
3Now therefore, gather your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field to hunt game for me.4 And make me savory food, such as I love and bring it to me that I may eat..(Genesis 27:3-4)

Old 04-06-2013, 09:54 PM   #114
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21987 Times on 12397 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornToHunt View Post
I am a serious hunter and have been quite successful so far. It's not that complicated to hunt. It takes dedication, patience, and marksmanship to take your own game. (THAT'S HOW I SEE IT SO DON'T MAKE SOME STUPID COMMENT ON IT) i will check that out thanks
it's an obsolete British round. don't even waste your time. he's yanking your chain!

Old 04-06-2013, 10:03 PM   #115

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
it's an obsolete British round. don't even waste your time. he's yanking your chain!
Jackwagon !

Old 04-06-2013, 10:05 PM   #116

Quote:
Jackwagon !
yep, now you're learning!

Old 04-06-2013, 10:18 PM   #117

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
yep, now you're learning!
That's what I'm talkin about!!
So axxe, what are your favorite rounds? All time

Old 04-06-2013, 10:26 PM   #118

Quote:
if i could only choose one or was starting all over, it would probably be the 30-06, hands down. simply because of many things. one, most any game in North America can be taken with it, as long as you use the proper ammo and use proper shot placement. two, the round has been around for over a hundred years and has a proven record as a hunting round. three, just about every rifle maker offers it in just about every type of rifle made. four, the factory ammo selection is great and varied and can be found just about anywhere.

over the last several years, i have become a big fan of 7mm calibered rifles, and one of my favorites is the 280 Remington. pretty much the 30-06 necked down to a 7mm caliber. ballistics put in in between the 30-06 and a 7mm Rem. Mag. recoil is about in between as well. flat shooting andd very accurate caliber. i also enjoy my 7mm-08. light recoil and very accurate round.

Old 04-06-2013, 10:27 PM   #119

Liked 740 Times on 515 Posts
Likes Given: 773

Quote:
I need to ask, where is your hand on that bird! It ain't layin' an egg. (avatar)

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

Old 04-06-2013, 10:30 PM   #120

Liked 740 Times on 515 Posts
Likes Given: 773

As we get older, recoil becomes an issue. Still want a 9.3x62 and a .416 Rigby.

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.