Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Hunters and Riflemen, I need your help

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2013, 05:57 PM   #101
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
BornToHunt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Mansfield, Texas
Posts: 134
Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodman43 View Post
I have wasted 25 minutes of my life following this thread. 25 minutes I will never get back. That was my fault. You have come across as a 17 year old know it all. We were all there once. Most of us have matured. I hope you will also. Live a little longer and get some more experience in life and learn how to interact with people in a more constructive manor. Your know it all attitude will only take you so far.

You have run this thread in so many circles you have worn a hole in the floor. My suggestion is to nail your other foot to the ground and stop spinning so this thread can go somewhere. As of right now you are no further than your original post and you have spat in the face of many people who were trying to advise you which you asked for but didn't really want to hear.

You can't argue with ignorance so I am done with this thread. Now back to my life.
Wait... So I was the rude one the WHOLE time? Please show me where I just out of nowhere acted inappropriately. Because every time someone gave me something helpful I replied and searched it. Time has one on and I've changed on my decisions and stuff so of course the discussion has changed. And also please show where I said I knew it all??! Because I'm sure I said multiple times to please share anything that might help... I'm sure your life is reeeaal exciting
__________________
3Now therefore, gather your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field to hunt game for me.4 And make me savory food, such as I love and bring it to me that I may eat..(Genesis 27:3-4)
BornToHunt is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 06:19 PM   #102
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
jpattersonnh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: South central,NH
Posts: 4,900
Liked 665 Times on 456 Posts
Likes Given: 671

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornToHunt View Post
Fried crow jumbilaya is delicious
It is Jambalya. Your a bad southern boy. Mama needs to give you a walkin' to the woodshed else Daddy needs to backhand you!
__________________

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

jpattersonnh is offline  
axxe55 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 06:28 PM   #103
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
jpattersonnh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: South central,NH
Posts: 4,900
Liked 665 Times on 456 Posts
Likes Given: 671

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornToHunt View Post
Wait... So I was the rude one the WHOLE time? Please show me where I just out of nowhere acted inappropriately. Because every time someone gave me something helpful I replied and searched it. Time has one on and I've changed on my decisions and stuff so of course the discussion has changed. And also please show where I said I knew it all??! Because I'm sure I said multiple times to please share anything that might help... I'm sure your life is reeeaal exciting
OK, Lets go back. You stated the .270 is the greatest round and suggested another member buy one, Then you want to sell it here. That was the beginning of your flip flops. You may be a very nice person, but you do come across w/ an arrogant attitude. Take a look at the last sentence of your last post. You've been doing that in one form or another throughout the thread. You tell people to leave, are condescending, rude. Do I disagree w/ some other members here. YES. But , there is at least a level of respect and civility most of the time. You've crossed that line more then most have in years of being here within one thread. You need a little thicker skin and more practical experience. JMHO
__________________

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

jpattersonnh is offline  
axxe55 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 06:49 PM   #104
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
BornToHunt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Mansfield, Texas
Posts: 134
Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpattersonnh View Post
OK, Lets go back. You stated the .270 is the greatest round and suggested another member buy one, Then you want to sell it here. That was the beginning of your flip flops. You may be a very nice person, but you do come across w/ an arrogant attitude. Take a look at the last sentence of your last post. You've been doing that in one form or another throughout the thread. You tell people to leave, are condescending, rude. Do I disagree w/ some other members here. YES. But , there is at least a level of respect and civility most of the time. You've crossed that line more then most have in years of being here within one thread. You need a little thicker skin and more practical experience. JMHO
Yes that person was wanting a good big game round and I suggested him one. He didn't list any specifications on calibers so I gave him one. I think the 270 is awesome but I would only get to hunt with mine once a year and I hate that so that's why I'm getting rid of it. Not enough usage.
The only reason I'm saying stuff like that is because their little group has been sayin crap on my posts the entire time. I'm sick of it. If they put themselves in my shoes they would get pissed too. I'm not gonna take that crap. It's OPINION and personal preference and they're doggin on what I got to say. There is no statement on this forum that says, "YOU MUST READ AND REPLY TO ALL THREADS... OR ELSE." Nowhere does it say but yet they feel entitled to give their 3 cents that is not needed on my part. I joined this thing so I could learn more and get some some personal experiences from other people on certain things. Not to criticize their hunting techniques and their preferred hunting rounds. NOT my intention. I'm strong willed and don't let people walk all over me. Not how I was raised. That side shouldn't even have to come out because this is a gun forum for cryin out loud. Good grief. Not aimed at you though just other people
__________________
3Now therefore, gather your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field to hunt game for me.4 And make me savory food, such as I love and bring it to me that I may eat..(Genesis 27:3-4)
BornToHunt is offline  
jpattersonnh Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 07:24 PM   #105
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
jpattersonnh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: South central,NH
Posts: 4,900
Liked 665 Times on 456 Posts
Likes Given: 671

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornToHunt View Post
Yes that person was wanting a good big game round and I suggested him one. He didn't list any specifications on calibers so I gave him one. I think the 270 is awesome but I would only get to hunt with mine once a year and I hate that so that's why I'm getting rid of it. Not enough usage.
The only reason I'm saying stuff like that is because their little group has been sayin crap on my posts the entire time. I'm sick of it. If they put themselves in my shoes they would get pissed too. I'm not gonna take that crap. It's OPINION and personal preference and they're doggin on what I got to say. There is no statement on this forum that says, "YOU MUST READ AND REPLY TO ALL THREADS... OR ELSE." Nowhere does it say but yet they feel entitled to give their 3 cents that is not needed on my part. I joined this thing so I could learn more and get some some personal experiences from other people on certain things. Not to criticize their hunting techniques and their preferred hunting rounds. NOT my intention. I'm strong willed and don't let people walk all over me. Not how I was raised. That side shouldn't even have to come out because this is a gun forum for cryin out loud. Good grief. Not aimed at you though just other people

I've pretty much been your harshest critic. I like the last post because you expressed yourself well. I guess the red flags came out w/ the conflict of the .270. Looking for something more practical is not a bad thing. We have all been there. I've never been a .270 fan, but I know many people that use it every year and harvest a Whitetail every year. The .243 was created as a varmint cartridge. That is how I look at it. Are there suitable bullets for whitetail, sure. It is not quite as versitile as I would look for though, but thats me. From what I have just read, you've just grow a bit. Your in the company of quite a few old timers. Most of the guys the were riding you are very knowledgable and I respect their opinion. You may be amazed at how much you have in common. Stick around. I have not seen a thread get over 100 posts in a long time. Although there was some bantering it's all good in the end.
__________________

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

jpattersonnh is offline  
axxe55 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 07:40 PM   #106
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Axxe55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East Texas, Texas!
Posts: 26,853
Liked 19575 Times on 11109 Posts
Likes Given: 49283

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornToHunt View Post
Yes that person was wanting a good big game round and I suggested him one. He didn't list any specifications on calibers so I gave him one. I think the 270 is awesome but I would only get to hunt with mine once a year and I hate that so that's why I'm getting rid of it. Not enough usage.
The only reason I'm saying stuff like that is because their little group has been sayin crap on my posts the entire time. I'm sick of it. If they put themselves in my shoes they would get pissed too. I'm not gonna take that crap. It's OPINION and personal preference and they're doggin on what I got to say. There is no statement on this forum that says, "YOU MUST READ AND REPLY TO ALL THREADS... OR ELSE." Nowhere does it say but yet they feel entitled to give their 3 cents that is not needed on my part. I joined this thing so I could learn more and get some some personal experiences from other people on certain things. Not to criticize their hunting techniques and their preferred hunting rounds. NOT my intention. I'm strong willed and don't let people walk all over me. Not how I was raised. That side shouldn't even have to come out because this is a gun forum for cryin out loud. Good grief. Not aimed at you though just other people
you're trying to tell older and wiser than you the facts of life! many of older shooters and hunters here have done this rodeo many times and probably many times before you were even born.

no you don't have to take any advice or suggestions given to you by other members. but if you ask for advice or suggestions, then you need to at least respect it whether you intend to use it or not.

i asked you on another thread how many rifles you have owned. i think you said seven? and you were stating how the Tikka T3 had the smoothest bolt. well i have owned probably several hundred bolt actions over the years. and a 17 year old kid who has owned maybe seven rifles isn't an authority on what's the smoothest or more accurate. when you have owned or shot a few hundred rifles, then your statements might carry more weight and validity. and i also asked you what the smoothness of the bolt had to do with accuracy. i never got a really clear answer out of that one.

the attitude you carry through this forum will determine whether people respond to your questions. for the most part, i am a very no-nonsense type person, with little paitience for foolishness and immaturity. if you check a lot of my posts, i call things the way i see them and pretty much speak my mind with little regards sometimes to whether i hurt feelings or not. if i think something is stupid, i will say so. i don't generaly sugarcoat things, it's just not my nature. to survive here on this forum, as JP said you do need to grow a thicker skin and gain some humor and little respect for the members here when they try and give you some advice.

my advice is to lets start all over and see if we can educate you and find out what your real needs are and just start over with a brand new attitude.
__________________
Coming from the Village of the Damned.
Resist all Tyranny and Oppression.
Axxe55 is offline  
jpattersonnh Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 07:49 PM   #107
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
jpattersonnh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: South central,NH
Posts: 4,900
Liked 665 Times on 456 Posts
Likes Given: 671

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
you're trying to tell older and wiser than you the facts of life! many of older shooters and hunters here have done this rodeo many times and probably many times before you were even born.

no you don't have to take any advice or suggestions given to you by other members. but if you ask for advice or suggestions, then you need to at least respect it whether you intend to use it or not.

i asked you on another thread how many rifles you have owned. i think you said seven? and you were stating how the Tikka T3 had the smoothest bolt. well i have owned probably several hundred bolt actions over the years. and a 17 year old kid who has owned maybe seven rifles isn't an authority on what's the smoothest or more accurate. when you have owned or shot a few hundred rifles, then your statements might carry more weight and validity. and i also asked you what the smoothness of the bolt had to do with accuracy. i never got a really clear answer out of that one.

the attitude you carry through this forum will determine whether people respond to your questions. for the most part, i am a very no-nonsense type person, with little paitience for foolishness and immaturity. if you check a lot of my posts, i call things the way i see them and pretty much speak my mind with little regards sometimes to whether i hurt feelings or not. if i think something is stupid, i will say so. i don't generaly sugarcoat things, it's just not my nature. to survive here on this forum, as JP said you do need to grow a thicker skin and gain some humor and little respect for the members here when they try and give you some advice.

my advice is to lets start all over and see if we can educate you and find out what your real needs are and just start over with a brand new attitude.
I almost cried!! Your getting soft!
__________________

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

jpattersonnh is offline  
axxe55 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:12 PM   #108
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
BornToHunt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Mansfield, Texas
Posts: 134
Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
you're trying to tell older and wiser than you the facts of life! many of older shooters and hunters here have done this rodeo many times and probably many times before you were even born.

no you don't have to take any advice or suggestions given to you by other members. but if you ask for advice or suggestions, then you need to at least respect it whether you intend to use it or not.

i asked you on another thread how many rifles you have owned. i think you said seven? and you were stating how the Tikka T3 had the smoothest bolt. well i have owned probably several hundred bolt actions over the years. and a 17 year old kid who has owned maybe seven rifles isn't an authority on what's the smoothest or more accurate. when you have owned or shot a few hundred rifles, then your statements might carry more weight and validity. and i also asked you what the smoothness of the bolt had to do with accuracy. i never got a really clear answer out of that one.

the attitude you carry through this forum will determine whether people respond to your questions. for the most part, i am a very no-nonsense type person, with little paitience for foolishness and immaturity. if you check a lot of my posts, i call things the way i see them and pretty much speak my mind with little regards sometimes to whether i hurt feelings or not. if i think something is stupid, i will say so. i don't generaly sugarcoat things, it's just not my nature. to survive here on this forum, as JP said you do need to grow a thicker skin and gain some humor and little respect for the members here when they try and give you some advice.

my advice is to lets start all over and see if we can educate you and find out what your real needs are and just start over with a brand new attitude.
I can do that sir for sure. I want to hear your experiences and tips. Thank you for that.
__________________
3Now therefore, gather your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field to hunt game for me.4 And make me savory food, such as I love and bring it to me that I may eat..(Genesis 27:3-4)
BornToHunt is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:15 PM   #109
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
BornToHunt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Mansfield, Texas
Posts: 134
Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpattersonnh View Post
I've pretty much been your harshest critic. I like the last post because you expressed yourself well. I guess the red flags came out w/ the conflict of the .270. Looking for something more practical is not a bad thing. We have all been there. I've never been a .270 fan, but I know many people that use it every year and harvest a Whitetail every year. The .243 was created as a varmint cartridge. That is how I look at it. Are there suitable bullets for whitetail, sure. It is not quite as versitile as I would look for though, but thats me. From what I have just read, you've just grow a bit. Your in the company of quite a few old timers. Most of the guys the were riding you are very knowledgable and I respect their opinion. You may be amazed at how much you have in common. Stick around. I have not seen a thread get over 100 posts in a long time. Although there was some bantering it's all good in the end.
I appreciate that also. Haha that's true. I will take y'all's word
__________________
3Now therefore, gather your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field to hunt game for me.4 And make me savory food, such as I love and bring it to me that I may eat..(Genesis 27:3-4)
BornToHunt is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:17 PM   #110
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
BornToHunt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Mansfield, Texas
Posts: 134
Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
you're trying to tell older and wiser than you the facts of life! many of older shooters and hunters here have done this rodeo many times and probably many times before you were even born.

no you don't have to take any advice or suggestions given to you by other members. but if you ask for advice or suggestions, then you need to at least respect it whether you intend to use it or not.

i asked you on another thread how many rifles you have owned. i think you said seven? and you were stating how the Tikka T3 had the smoothest bolt. well i have owned probably several hundred bolt actions over the years. and a 17 year old kid who has owned maybe seven rifles isn't an authority on what's the smoothest or more accurate. when you have owned or shot a few hundred rifles, then your statements might carry more weight and validity. and i also asked you what the smoothness of the bolt had to do with accuracy. i never got a really clear answer out of that one.

the attitude you carry through this forum will determine whether people respond to your questions. for the most part, i am a very no-nonsense type person, with little paitience for foolishness and immaturity. if you check a lot of my posts, i call things the way i see them and pretty much speak my mind with little regards sometimes to whether i hurt feelings or not. if i think something is stupid, i will say so. i don't generaly sugarcoat things, it's just not my nature. to survive here on this forum, as JP said you do need to grow a thicker skin and gain some humor and little respect for the members here when they try and give you some advice.

my advice is to lets start all over and see if we can educate you and find out what your real needs are and just start over with a brand new attitude.
An I'm not trying to tell people what is right or what is the best. I'm playfully throwin in my opinion but you can't tell my tone of voice over this thing that's why I'm understood.
And I've just seen many many forums on Toklas having some of the best bolts in the business. ESPECIALLY for the price. And accuracy too
__________________
3Now therefore, gather your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field to hunt game for me.4 And make me savory food, such as I love and bring it to me that I may eat..(Genesis 27:3-4)
BornToHunt is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Hunters' courses regload Connecticut Gun Forum 6 04-16-2013 11:31 PM
Any nevada hunters on here? Jkl-28 Hunting Forum 0 06-30-2012 05:40 AM
Gun control / hunters feldmutze The Club House 11 04-16-2012 11:55 AM
Wisconsin Hunters kilogulf59 Hunting Forum 2 01-24-2011 06:53 PM
Ghost Hunters slowryde45 The Club House 4 03-11-2010 03:30 AM