Hunters and Riflemen, I need your help - Page 10
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Hunters and Riflemen, I need your help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2013, 02:53 PM   #91
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
i didn't say you did! i using that to make a point which seems to have gone right over your head. and your name calling isn't acceptable here at all.

first of all i'm not a jack wagon or a dude. seems readily apparent you really have no desire to learn, but want to tell us how good a shot you are and when we try and give you advice or question you, you resort to name calling.

you have a lot to learn, and not just about hunting. you come on here as new member and you're 17 years old going on 18, and you want grown men who have been at this many times longer than you have been alive, to accept you as an equal? not hardly. you seriously might want to re-evaluate your attitude.
Did you not see my reply to you on the last page???? Go look! I wanted you to tell me any kind of advice or tips. But you didn't. Instead your criticizing me again and again. Go on another thread you don't have to be on here. You don't even know me and all I was doing was talking about how I hunt and what my preferences are with calibers and you make it seem like I'm some hot headed punk. Back off. It's MY opinion and I'm not on here to boast or prove anything. I guarantee if smeone came on here criticizing YOUR hunting style and/or opinions negatively, you wouldnt like it! I joined to LEARN. BUT OBVIOUSLY you have misunderstood me and its ridiculous. I asked you on the last page to please share some of your experiences and wisdom you've attained over the years. No need for trying to show superiority on this forum. That's not why I'm on here
And by the way all I do is hunt. Any animal around is on the table at my house. I've learned a lot for my years but I'd like to learn A LOT more So that's why I asked YOU
3Now therefore, gather your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field to hunt game for me.4 And make me savory food, such as I love and bring it to me that I may eat..(Genesis 27:3-4)

Last edited by BornToHunt; 04-06-2013 at 02:56 PM.

Old 04-06-2013, 02:58 PM   #92

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Page 7 #65 to be exact

3Now therefore, gather your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field to hunt game for me.4 And make me savory food, such as I love and bring it to me that I may eat..(Genesis 27:3-4)

Old 04-06-2013, 03:10 PM   #93
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21578 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornToHunt View Post
Did you not see my reply to you on the last page???? Go look! I wanted you to tell me any kind of advice or tips. But you didn't. Instead your criticizing me again and again. Go on another thread you don't have to be on here. You don't even know me and all I was doing was talking about how I hunt and what my preferences are with calibers and you make it seem like I'm some hot headed punk. Back off. It's MY opinion and I'm not on here to boast or prove anything. I guarantee if smeone came on here criticizing YOUR hunting style and/or opinions negatively, you wouldnt like it! I joined to LEARN. BUT OBVIOUSLY you have misunderstood me and its ridiculous. I asked you on the last page to please share some of your experiences and wisdom you've attained over the years. No need for trying to show superiority on this forum. That's not why I'm on here
And by the way all I do is hunt. Any animal around is on the table at my house. I've learned a lot for my years but I'd like to learn A LOT more So that's why I asked YOU
several of us have if you would have taken the time to read and comprehend which seems to have eluded you.

a 243 being quieter than a 270? not by much! most higher powered centerfire calibers are going to be loud. several have said stay away from the less common calibers unless you reload. cost to shoot factory ammo in some calibers is expensive unless you reload them. i suggested a couple of options, so have others. i reload most all my rifle calibers and a few of my pistol calibers, so for me, cost of factory ammo isn't a problem for me. learn ballistics of different calibers and chamberings. use the internet. we had to use books in the past and it took much longer. listen to more seasoned hunters. learn to open your ears and close your mouth. you'll learn more and keep flies out your mouth. hunting isn't about killing or putting meat on the table. there were many hunts in years past that i never killed anything and they were still great hunting trips. you want to learn. then go back and reread the suggestions, comments and advice others have given here.

Old 04-06-2013, 03:18 PM   #94

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
several of us have if you would have taken the time to read and comprehend which seems to have eluded you.

a 243 being quieter than a 270? not by much! most higher powered centerfire calibers are going to be loud. several have said stay away from the less common calibers unless you reload. cost to shoot factory ammo in some calibers is expensive unless you reload them. i suggested a couple of options, so have others. i reload most all my rifle calibers and a few of my pistol calibers, so for me, cost of factory ammo isn't a problem for me. learn ballistics of different calibers and chamberings. use the internet. we had to use books in the past and it took much longer. listen to more seasoned hunters. learn to open your ears and close your mouth. you'll learn more and keep flies out your mouth. hunting isn't about killing or putting meat on the table. there were many hunts in years past that i never killed anything and they were still great hunting trips. you want to learn. then go back and reread the suggestions, comments and advice others have given here.
I've tried to tell you that all I do is research. All i do during school is research. I look up reviews on rifles calibers optics anything. I have 8 tabs on average on my iPad...all for research! I look up calibers what they are good for, all the specs, performance anything I can find I read. My t3 270 is a boom compared to the crack of my 243, they're both loud, but not the same. If I don't wear ear protection with that 270 I wouldn't be able to here for a few hours but the 243 made em ring for a minute or two and came back. I really don't want a 243. I've looked at other rounds. I've been on the same hunts! Not seeing a thing or not gettin a shot off. I'm not a noob to hunting or guns. I'm not at your level but I'm definitely not new. You act like I just started! Every comment on here about a caliber HAS BEEN LOOKED UP. every comment on a firearm HAS BEEN LOOKED UP. Most of them though has already been researched but still. I want to know EXACTLY what I am buying. It took a month of research last summer to finally decide on a rifle and caliber. Everyone's advice I have taken in and researched and its helped and I thank them for it.

Last edited by BornToHunt; 04-06-2013 at 03:28 PM.

Old 04-06-2013, 03:39 PM   #95

Liked 710 Times on 488 Posts
Likes Given: 728

Quote:
You have not eaten enough crow yet!

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

People Like This 
Old 04-06-2013, 03:46 PM   #96
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1220 Times on 786 Posts
Likes Given: 2459

Quote:
I have. Just no on hand experience.
Do some research on the 7mm=08. It's one of the best calibers out there. And pick out a gun with a solid wood stock. That will add a little weight and reduce recoil even more.

Old 04-06-2013, 04:13 PM   #97

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpattersonnh View Post
You have not eaten enough crow yet!
Fried crow jumbilaya is delicious

Old 04-06-2013, 04:14 PM   #98

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLuker View Post
Do some research on the 7mm=08. It's one of the best calibers out there. And pick out a gun with a solid wood stock. That will add a little weight and reduce recoil even more.
Savage 12's

Old 04-06-2013, 04:20 PM   #99

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I have wasted 25 minutes of my life following this thread. 25 minutes I will never get back. That was my fault. You have come across as a 17 year old know it all. We were all there once. Most of us have matured. I hope you will also. Live a little longer and get some more experience in life and learn how to interact with people in a more constructive manor. Your know it all attitude will only take you so far.

You have run this thread in so many circles you have worn a hole in the floor. My suggestion is to nail your other foot to the ground and stop spinning so this thread can go somewhere. As of right now you are no further than your original post and you have spat in the face of many people who were trying to advise you which you asked for but didn't really want to hear.

You can't argue with ignorance so I am done with this thread. Now back to my life.

Old 04-06-2013, 04:31 PM   #100
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1972 Times on 1068 Posts
Likes Given: 586

You will under normal circumstances find 243, 270, 30-30, 308 and 30-06 ammo in most out of the way locations. Other calibers you better not need to buy any in the field. I have found the 243 to be extremely accurate especially with hand loads. I have been considering one myself but the Savage 250 (250-3000) has caught my eye. I have seen a few in Savage 99's.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."