Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Rifle Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/)
-   -   Hunters and Riflemen, I need your help (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/hunters-riflemen-i-need-your-help-87550/)

BornToHunt 03-27-2013 02:02 PM

Hunters and Riflemen, I need your help
 
I'm stuck in a decision and can't make up my mind. Right now I have a tikka t3 270 and am really wanting a 243 again. I have a 22 mag and 270 and 30-30 for hunting but have no in between. I really want another 243 in tikka but I don't have a lot of money. I only have like 600$ to work with. I am thinking about selling my 270 and buying a tikka 243 and putting my money towards upgrading that to a mean killin machine(even though is comes stock like that) if I was to keep the 270 then I would have to buy the 243-$570 and them topp it off with a scope another 300$ and bullets then if I decided to customize them, that's twice the money I'd have to spend. I'm not sure what to do. Any advice would sure help???

kalboy26 03-27-2013 02:45 PM

I would wait until until you can afford what you want. I sold my .270 a long time ago and still kinda wish I had it. It's a great round. The tikka is phenomenal though, and I would stick with that as well. My next rifle will prob be another tikka. But I guess it depends on how bad you want a .243 if its worth it. Tough choice.

BornToHunt 03-27-2013 03:10 PM

That 270 is so loud and the gun is so light, it kicks harder than my -06. But that's not the problem. I can shoot it just fine it's just the size and loudness of where I'm hunting. A little much

jjfuller1 03-27-2013 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BornToHunt (Post 1192689)
That 270 is so loud and the gun is so light, it kicks harder than my -06. But that's not the problem. I can shoot it just fine it's just the size and loudness of where I'm hunting. A little much

seems you have made up your mind already. selling a firearm is diffacult sometimes. but some are easier to let go than others.

i would sell the rifle but keep any accessories you have like a sling or bi pod. keep the scope, and rings to put on your new .243.

:D

BornToHunt 03-27-2013 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjfuller1 (Post 1192748)
seems you have made up your mind already. selling a firearm is diffacult sometimes. but some are easier to let go than others.

i would sell the rifle but keep any accessories you have like a sling or bi pod. keep the scope, and rings to put on your new .243.

:D

Yeah haha that's what I'm doin. Where's the best place to sell? Online? Wanna get the best deal as possible. It's brand new

robocop10mm 03-27-2013 04:12 PM

IMHO the .243 is a loud, abusive caliber. There is something just penetrating and harsh about the .243. It may be smaller and lighter, but not any more pleasant to the ears

303tom 03-27-2013 04:26 PM

Unless you are just stuck on the Tikka, you can get a Savage Axis XP in .243 Win. scoped, bore sighted & the works for around 500 bucks, hard to beat that & I will say I love my Savage rifles..............

BornToHunt 03-27-2013 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 303tom (Post 1192804)
Unless you are just stuck on the Tikka, you can get a Savage Axis XP in .243 Win. scoped, bore sighted & the works for around 500 bucks, hard to beat that & I will say I love my Savage rifles..............

Had a savage 243. Very accurate. Bolt wasn't very smooth. I'm just blown away by the tikka. I live mine. Just not ecstatic about the caliber

locutus 03-27-2013 07:33 PM

Patience, Grasshopper!:D:D

Keep your 270, and build your .243 as time passes and money allows.

Better yet get a 6MM Remington. Outperforms the .243 in all areas.:)

BornToHunt 03-27-2013 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by locutus (Post 1193051)
Patience, Grasshopper!:D:D

Keep your 270, and build your .243 as time passes and money allows.

Better yet get a 6MM Remington. Outperforms the .243 in all areas.:)

That's exactly what my dad says haha. You must have a 6mm?


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:18 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.